Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Freidman Motor City Drive Pedal (Sold)

I just sold my Freidman Motor City Over Drive Pedal. I got $175 (I Paid $249 a few years back) I never really bonded with it truthfully. However I tried it out into my Super Champ X2 and my oh my it sounded so sweet. I was playing it through my Egnater Tweaker 15 Watt Head into 2 EVM 12L's and it never sounded so sweet with that setup. If the buyer was not already on the road from Phoenix (3/4 hour drive for him) I would have kept it for the SCX2. That is how sweet and Santana like in tone it was through the SCX2.

So now I gotta spend part of that money on a Eminence Cannabis Rex 12" speaker for my Tweaker as I am playing it through 2 EVM12L speakers both speakers add up to 500 watts of handling power for a 15 watt amp. I am no longer satisfied with the tone of the 300 watt EVM12L it is a little fizzy on the top end.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny just how differently various amps, pedals, guitars, pickups, etc. etc. etc. will interact like that!

The Clean/Rhythm Channel of my Egnater amp (Rebel 30 Mk II) makes it, overall, the best pedal-friendly amp I've ever played, that "takes pedals well", in front or in its effects-loop. It gets on REALLY WELL with my Radial Tonebone Plexitube pedal, a dual-stomp, Marshall-flavored heavy gainy overdrive/distortion with a 12AX7 onboard. I never cared for how that pedal sounded with my Carvin Vintage 33, on either of that amp's channels, though i liked that amp the most overall.

There were other pedals that seemed 'glassy' in a bad way through that Carvin and an old 1967 Fender Pro Reverb 2x12 combo, that sound fine with this Egnater Rebel 30 Mk II.

Here's hoping that Cannabis Rex really suits you and your amp very well!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Here's hoping that Cannabis Rex really suits you and your amp very well!

I think it was the Eminence Lil Buddy hemp cone speaker that did the trick sweetening up the SCX2 tone as well as sweetening up that pedal.

For me, especially with Les Pauls, there's always a fine line between an amp not having enough treble and upper-midrange sparkle and harmonic-overtones, and being too tinny and thin and bright. Control settings will get me so far, but sometimes there's still something not quite right there. For example, I'd think that I'd like to use the Bright and Tight switches on my Egnater, but Bright's too bright and tinny, WAAAY too much, and Tight removes too much of the low-mids and lows. I might actually modify a component-value or two on those switches sometime... But for now, they remain OFF.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _