Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nicked the first finger on my left hand.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...play slide? or something?

Yep! Try a li'l slide for a while, that'll keep you musically occupied.

Put some Neosporin on the cut. That stuff really works in healing cuts, scrapes and so forth.

Yes. Neosporin Plus Cream gently rubbed in, then Neosporin Plus Ointment on top- then Band-Aids or bandages.

I fixed-up many scrapes, cuts and such boo-boos on little kids over the years, as well as my own.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Nicked the first finger on my left hand, using a knife improperly opening a bottle of probiotics. No guitar for at least a week. :idk:

Neosporin to prevent infection, and Vitamin E for cell regeneration. Depending on where the cut is, keep flexing, too, so long as you're not re-opening the cut by doing it.

I come home just about every day with a fresh set of cuts and scrapes; some plants REALLY fight back when you try to prune them. I don't even notice half the time until I get home, and my wife tells me that I'm bleeding. For the most interesting cuts, I put Neo on them, and even pierce one of those Vitamin E gel caps with a straight pin, to rub on the wound, once it starts to heal a bit.

Heal quickly, bro!

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Nicked the first finger on my left hand, using a knife improperly opening a bottle of probiotics. No guitar for at least a week. :idk:

Very sorry to hear this Amigo! It's tough when you cut yourself trying to get healthy! Hope it wasn't too deep. I have played with a band-aid when I have done something similar. My son the paramedic firefighter uses super glue...But I like the Neosporin suggestions and a band-aid much better. I have to admit the super glue works and avoids stitches. They have a new liquid band-aid on the market (which is the same concept)...anyway, Heal up soon Brother and get back in the saddle! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

With me it's burns, like is that baked potato I just took out of the oven really hot? It always is.

Jab it with a fork, if steam comes out (it will), then it's hot. Use a utensil to roll them onto a plate or get a hot pad glove.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Jab it with a fork, if steam comes out (it will), then it's hot. Use a utensil to roll them onto a plate or get a hot pad glove.

DBM's nicked finger?! No, don't do that!!

DBM's nicked finger?! No, don't do that!!

"Turn him over, he's done on this side . . ."

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

And like Kuru pointed out above, if the need to play guitar really tantalizes you, break out a slide! If you're no good or rusty at slide (that sure describes me! :blush::D ), now's the time to get some practice in and work that up! (I bet you'd be good at it, anyways... )

I have cataract surgery coming up in a few weeks Left eye on the 24th August, and right eye 14th of September. If I chose long distance @ $595 per eye (optional for better lenses, at my expense) as well as a $283.xx for co pay for each eye. I will get a card which says I have corrective lenses in each eye so if I get stopped without glasses, I will have a pass on that one. I may not opt for the extra lenses. Then it is the copay x2 + 240 ($120 per eye). I talk to the surgeon Aug 17th.

I had cataract surgery this year.

FWIW, Medicare covered my surgery internal lenses 100% and kicked in $140 for glasses.

I chose the long vision lenses inside my eyes and got a pair of progressive close vision glasses that cost me about $300 total.

I figure both computers and cars crash but nobody gets hurt when a computer crashes so I went for the best vision for driving and it is amazing.

Back in the 80's our guitarist worked at a Pepsi plant. He picked a bottle off of the line that did not look right and it shattered, cutting his index finger on his fretting hand. It was a bad cut and his finger was in a splint for four weeks. He learned to play without the index finger and it made him a better guitarist in the long run. I covered bar chords on the Hammond and he continued to burn the leads.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I'll probably have to have cataract surgery within a year or two. Thanks for the info on prices you two! I want to be able to see far away without glasses for driving purposes. :cool:

I had very poor vision - 20/230 or some such. I could see clearly up really close, which was great for working on guitars.

The other day I was outside, enjoying our summer and a baby bird with intricate markings came hopping along looking for food. It was an amazingly beautiful animal and I never would have seen it so clearly before,

That made me happy, to be able to see something like that after so many decades of not being able to do so.

You have something to look forward to, Larryz. And I can tell both you and DBM that despite how terrifying it sounds to have somebody cut open your eye the only thing that was painful was the injection of anesthetic and when the anesthetic wore off the muscles around the eye hurt.

The second doctor explaining step by step was really creepy "Now I am removing the old lens" etc. but the operation takes about 10 minutes max. The place I went offered a tranquilizer, ask about that and if they don't then get something elsewhere to relax a bit. You'll need a ride home too!!!!!!

I am grateful and amazed at what they can do for our vision now. :)

Thanks for the info Kuru! It sounds like the operation will be a little painful but I know it will be worth it in the long run. I'll be seeing the eye doctor again in January and will know more and I'll ask about that tranquilizer. Right now I see fine close up and reading. But since I want to fix my far away sight, I'm guessing I too would have to wear glasses for reading? :cool:

Hope you're doing well DBM with finger nick! How did the guitar playing go? :cool:

Take care, Larryz