Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New KORG Legacy synths

You can now buy a bundle of The Triton Extreme, Prophecy and miniKORG 700s, but they can also be had separately.

I'm happy with the AAS version of physical modeling, but the Prophecy's early take on it is appealing. You don't get the wild left-hand controller section as hardware, but players such as Zawinul sure made its voice stand out. I have a double handful of Korg workstation samples, but I think I'll do a YouTube listen and consider the Prophecy. I'm on a new computer, so I want to be a bit stingy about piling things up too easily. I'm still trying to buck my personal moratorium on anything that wasn't already on the list. Daddy still needs Memorymode. :cool:

[video:youtube]https://www.korg.com/us/news/2021/0727/

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that - pretty exciting. Waiting on the some demos of the prophecy. Wish they gone full out and did the Z1 instead of the prophecy.

I have to check what I can get on upgrades, I already own the previous Triton.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

This looks pretty cool. I wonder what's different about the Triton Extreme? Maybe just the tube?

I'd like to upgrade, but I've been going back and forth with Korg for a few weeks now trying to straighten out why I never got the v2 bundle upgrade code...not making much progress.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

This looks pretty cool. I wonder what's different about the Triton Extreme? Maybe just the tube?

From wikipedia...

"In 2004, Korg released the Triton Extreme, with many of the features of the Studio (such as the entire PCM ROM from the Studio model) plus the entire sample sets from Korg's best-selling Trance Attack, Orchestral Collection, and Vintage Archives expansion boards, as well as the most popular sounds from the Dance Extreme, Studio Essentials, and Pianos/Classic Keyboards collections. PCM data not available on any other Triton models was also included such as improved pianos and acoustic guitars. The 34MB ROM of the "Classic" was upgraded to 160MB. Valve Force circuitry, using a vacuum tube and an analog ultra gain transistor to allow for warmer, guitar amp-like sounds for more extreme analog overdrive/distortion sounds was included"

You can now buy a bundle of The Triton Extreme, Prophecy and miniKORG 700s, but they can also be had separately.

Yes... though the reduced price bundle of the three is only for people upgrading from the earlier Collection. For new users, there is a bundle of all 11 instruments (or items are available individually).

PC version minimum requirement is 8 GB RAM and an i5 processor, but they suggest 16 GB RAM and an i7. A little hefty.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

From wikipedia...

"In 2004, Korg released the Triton Extreme, with many of the features of the Studio (such as the entire PCM ROM from the Studio model) plus the entire sample sets from Korg's best-selling Trance Attack, Orchestral Collection, and Vintage Archives expansion boards, as well as the most popular sounds from the Dance Extreme, Studio Essentials, and Pianos/Classic Keyboards collections. PCM data not available on any other Triton models was also included such as improved pianos and acoustic guitars. The 34MB ROM of the "Classic" was upgraded to 160MB. Valve Force circuitry, using a vacuum tube and an analog ultra gain transistor to allow for warmer, guitar amp-like sounds for more extreme analog overdrive/distortion sounds was included"

Thanks - I meant from a software standpoint (I owned a couple of Extreme 61s). It thought it seemed odd to have 2 Tritons when they could have included the few extra Extreme sounds in the main Triton plugin.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

I think the Extreme is being offered because of the cachet as much as the nice tube. If you buy any of the Triton iterations, there's a lot of library crossover. The Trinity and Extreme got a lot of Hammer/Ruddess/Sherinian love for the monster guitar leads. I have a wad of sampled 0/1W and TR sounds in Logic, so a Triton may have its useful limits for me. I'm covered up with newer synths that do pads n' pianos well. Korg is still the overall Pad King in my view, but its 2021. Real (wo)men build their own pads now. :D

The Prophecy is probably as close to the semi-alien Z1 as they'll get, but its Moog-ish to me in being best exemplified by its solo & FX properties. Being able to suddenly access its inner workings makes it feel like a worthy addition. I'm still sniffing it carefully.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

My biggest concern is when Korg will improve GUI for the P6 vst.... does new versions include a bigger edit screen?

Yes the new version has a bigger screen and better layout. I use mine all the time along with the real thing in my studio.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

I only see one upgrade available, from M1 LE, which knocks off $100 (a 25% discount), but surely there is a discount from Korg Collection v2?

Looks like they may have changed their website for the umpteenth time, so I figured I have to re-register to gain access to info about collection-based upgrades.

Mostly I figured I may need to re-register, because I could find no place on their redesigned web page to login, other than by creating a new account to register a product. Weird.

Unfortunately, I get the following message when I try to register, but I'll now try other web browsers (Opera is my preferred browser):

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Oh, let's try this link that only showed up in a fairly hidden area of the page layout, but then rang familiar once I clicked and got to this secondary link:

https://www.korguser.net/Login.asp?LAN=1&lockcode=&main=0korguser.net

I'll see if my existing credentials work there. Someone needs to fix their website; it's even worse than Roland's now!

Update: it let me in, if I use my unreachable email address from a few years ago (not my choice; the domain name was sold). No double handshake required, fortunately.

Looks like some coupons are waiting for me there. I probably got sent some alerts to the old email, which is 100% impossible to capture or to forward. Not my choice!

So many complicated and competing instructions at that site; I know I used the newer site to do the 2019 V2 upgrade, which is why Korg user Net has my old credentials.

I'll see if I can get this ironed out quickly. I think "id.korg.com" may be the new URL but I have to verify; it's what I wrote in my account records. Not easy to find on-line!

UPDATE: Got it worked out, and now I have this upgrade available for $99; well worth it for Prophecy and microKORG 700S, with or without Triton Extreme upgrade.

EDIT: Nope; it rejected the coupon code, but it was the one from Korg User Net, so I have to find where the replacement website for Korg accounts now sits, after all.

EDIT: Due to the last login being 2+ years ago, my password no longer works (probably doesn't meet current security restrictions). So many hoops to jump through!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Now that I'm past those half dozen or so misdirections, I have two separate upgrade codes show up in my account.

One if labeled "KORG Collection 3 Upgrade Code".

The other is labeled "KORG Collection 3 Upgrade".

I guess I'll try them both independently and see if they give me different discounts. :-)

UPDATE: The second one has a "Learn More" link which I click and am greeted with "KORG Gadget 2".

So I guess that's an upgrade from Collection 2 to Korg Gadget 2, and they simply overly-abbreviated the overview label.

I got a few more error messages at the checkout page before it let me buy the upgrade for $99.

Then some partly Japanese instructions for installing Korg Software Pass 1.1.3, which I launched after installation.

Fortunately the product code went to my new email address, so I am now installing the individual plug-ins.

Looks like all the older ones have been updated as well. To be safe, I'll install the Triton update before Triton Extreme.

UPDATE: Everything works fine, most have sharper interfaces (but a couple went blurry), and Triton is separate from Triton Extreme (it doesn't get overwritten/replaced).

My biggest concern is when Korg will improve GUI for the P6 vst.... does new versions include a bigger edit screen?

Yes the new version has a bigger screen and better layout. I use mine all the time along with the real thing in my studio.

Tks, don"t know exactly how to updgrade from my old version to the new GUI⦠any thoughts?

I'd like to upgrade, but I've been going back and forth with Korg for a few weeks now trying to straighten out why I never got the v2 bundle upgrade code...not making much progress.

Hey Bill, you making any headway on getting that straightened out? I'm kind of in the same boat.

Mark, I sent you a PM when you get a chance.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Hey Bill, you making any headway on getting that straightened out? I'm kind of in the same boat.

Mark, I sent you a PM when you get a chance.

YES! I did get it straightened out. I sent them several emails with screenshots of the 6 products I own. My history with them was sort of a train wreck. I bought V1 with an old email address, then added MonoPoly later (after they migrated to the new site) with a new email address. They contacted me yesterday with a V3 coupon code and the following message:

"Coupon codes will not be issued automatically if you are purchasing products individually."

The 6 products I had are Wavestation, MS-20, Polysix, M1, MonoPoly, and MDE-X. Hope that helps!

Bill

I've got the same instruments as you + Mono/Poly and the ARP Odyssey.

Do you have an email address that you contacted them through. I haven't had much luck figuring out which one.

The last time I contacted them was back in January when they were advertising the Triton for FREE. Never got any codes from them.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Sure, they sent me here to fill out a ticket - that got the ball rolling:

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I hope you can get this figured out...

Update: once I got the email response from my ticket submission, I was able to attach screen shots of my registered products.

Thanks! I seem to remember that the sale is only good through the 12th of August, so I hope I can get it worked out too.

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording

Thanks! I seem to remember that the sale is only good through the 12th of August, so I hope I can get it worked out too.

Took 2 days to get mine - good luck!

I submitted my support form and received a reply in Japanese. I see my original email, but everything above it and below it are Japanese. SMH

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording

Got it taken care of ... bought, downloaded, installed, registered, tested ... happy camper

Thanks for all the help and guidance!

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording

Got it taken care of ... bought, downloaded, installed, registered, tested ... happy camper

Thanks for all the help and guidance!

Excellent!

I have Korg Legacy Bundle. If you have an upgrade coupon code for Collection 3, what is the price for the upgrade?

I'm pretty sure the coupon code that they give you is based on what products you currently have registered. Mine was $149, some have mentioned getting it for $99. I even saw a $299 upgrade I think it was people who have M1 LE.

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording