Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hmmm... Mike Metlay, where have I heard that name?

Disclaimer, I do not work for Izotope or have any holdings in their company. I do have some of their plugins/software. I haven't tried everything I own yet but I have briefly surfed Iris 2, which has popped up recently for $9.95 and is a steal at that price. I played it with my Fishman Triple Play and surfed presets mostly. I got some great sounds with it. But wait, there's more...

I haven't done any deep diving. Today I got one of the emails Izotope sends every now and then and there was a link to an article on using Iris 2 as a sampler/sequencer written by a certain Mike Metlay. :)

Doctor Mike, is that you? :laugh:

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/sound-design-with-home-recorded-samples-in-iris-2.html?&utm_source=ACS&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2021+iZo+Newsletter&utm_content=All&utm_term=July+10&deliveryName=iZo07.10.2021SuitesNLsDM

I bookmarked it, lots to learn and explained clearly with some lovely audio samples. Great stuff Dr Mike, I hope they gave you one million dollars!!! Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, and then today I saw his name in a brochure included with the Mic Parts kit that I won.

He seems to be in favor of the Roswell Mini K-47 microphone.

It appears the gentleman keeps good company!!! :)

Dr. Mike has some cool music videos stashed here: https://www.mrspiral.com/videos

Disclaimer - no affiliation other than I met Mike here on MPN and he strikes me as a top notch sort of human. I am grateful for this forum and I am now using it to tease him a bit, as well as let anybody who (like myself) has been blissfully ignorant of his existence. :)

Thanks, Kuru. I appreciate the support.

Sorry for being so quiet lately, everyone. I have picked up a new job for a client that is really kicking my tail right now -- I am behind on everything, including not having checked non-work emails in over a week. o.0

Keep the forum going, be kind to one another, and I will see you soon.

Oh, and if anyone would like to see some of the other stuff I've done for various clients, with online links, just ask. Be aware that it might take me a while to get to them. (HINT: many at izotope.com and townsendlabs.com)

mike

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music