Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question about PhotoShop Elements & Premier

I'm using an old copy of Elements (version 12) that came with a computer as an option a long time ago.

I'm thinking about upgrading.

1) Would you buy it Here?

2) What would Premier give me that the basic won't.

I'm really new at editing pictures, so I'm suffering from information overload.

Thanks,

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Notes, I like Photoshop Elements a great deal, the last version I've really used was 2018. I bought and installed the latest version - the one you are looking at now. I got the bundle with Premiere included.

I'm told the new version of Photoshop adds some new features based on AI (artificial intelligence), but you don't have to use those features if you don't want to and they haven't taken any tools away.

Premiere is a separate program for producing videos. It can work with video footage, still images and music tracks to produce a show if you like - slide show, movie, short feature etc.

I've been meaning to learn it but haven't. I've also heard that all the cool kids are using DiVinci Resolve for their budget movie software, which is free.

I honestly don't know enough about Premiere or Resolve to give you a breakdown. I tend to prefer software that is easy to learn but that means different things to different people.

Hopefully others will chime in.

Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Thanks. I think I'm going for the premiere plus elements before the jack the price back up.

The combination is only $99.99 here

Notes

I got the same deal on the Adobe website last month. It's a fair price for software of that caliber. I've used Photoshop since version 1.07 and Elements 2018 was better than most versions of Photoshop.

I had CS2 until it could no longer be installed and that had a few tricks that Elements didn't have but mostly I didn't use or need any of them. Stuff for working in CMYK for instance, unless you are prepping a file for 4 color offset for doing some weird experiments with color channels and plugins, it's not good for much.

I suspect I'll have some fun learning how to use the software.

I am entertaining the thought of making some slide shows with the demo songs I write for Band-in-a-Box with some of the photos I take. I suspect the first few will be elementary, and with some kind feedback, self-evaluation and research they will get better. I like learning new things, and I like doing while I'm learning.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

I suspect I'll have some fun learning how to use the software.

I am entertaining the thought of making some slide shows with the demo songs I write for Band-in-a-Box with some of the photos I take. I suspect the first few will be elementary, and with some kind feedback, self-evaluation and research they will get better. I like learning new things, and I like doing while I'm learning.

Notes

Me too. I used to spend all day in the lab at school and just goof around with Photoshop to learn what it did. I bumbled into all sorts of fun stuff, the head of the department even told me that I knew more about Photoshop than anybody else on campus, which might have been true way back then. I haven't spent much time on Premiere, I've been more interested in my recording studio and learning that skill set.

But I would love to make videos so I probably will jump in before too long. There is always something to learn about recording but I have the tools I need now more or less figured out pretty well.

I want to make animated cartoons with stupid songs!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I heard Elements is really good but have never used it. I've used Photoshop since before it was "CS", although for most things, I used it for very simple stuff. It was just simply what I had at the time. Now, of course, I use CC and use it all the time, although much of what I am trying to achieve is still very simple, although that sort of stuff is sometimes used with luminosity masks.

I heard Elements is really good but have never used it. I've used Photoshop since before it was "CS", although for most things, I used it for very simple stuff. It was just simply what I had at the time. Now, of course, I use CC and use it all the time, although much of what I am trying to achieve is still very simple, although that sort of stuff is sometimes used with luminosity masks.

If you are getting what you want, stay there!!!

I find I can do almost anything I need or want with Elements.

For most photographers, Elements would do everything you need.

In Advanced mode it reminds me of previous versions of Photoshop. I only made it to CS2 before I stopped upgrading and gave up for a while.

The twist is the new Elements is also loaded with Adobe's latest version of AI photo manipulation. I think they are maybe using Elements as a guinea pig platform.

I opened Elements once so far, clicked on Advanced and all the tools are there. I haven't tried the AI or even opened a photo in it yet.

I have a Wacom tablet too, that could be fun for drawing picture and making videos with Premiere Elements.

Too busy right now with other funs.

I'm having fun with Elements. I'm still learning what it can do and how to make write-protect the original copy so when I over-edit a picture, the original isn't accidently lost with a Ctrl+S.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton