Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Adobe Photoshop Smart Portraits: Changing reality?

What do you think of this? Here, you can change someone's face from happy to angry in a matter of seconds! What does this sort of technology imply? Abuses, creative opportunities, misinformation, court of law....?

https://photofocus.com/software/adobe-photoshop-smart-portraits-changing-our-perception-of-reality/

2141.thumb.jpg.27778d24d240bd198de64458cd677e18.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have that feature in the Photoshop Elements 2021 package I downloaded a little while ago.

I haven't used any of it at all yet. One of these days I'll fire it up.

Seems to me if you could record all the transition stages you could make some cool videos.

Non-realistic photography has existed for a LONG time - Jerry Uelsmann was certainly not the first to make photos of things that did not exist. I did see a couple of his prints, gorgeous work.

It's funny, the Surrealist Movement was a response to photography taking away portrait painting jobs but photographers have stayed busy over the past 100+ years creating images that never were.

I blame humans, it's the only possible explanation. That one monkey took a pretty cool self portrait but he never would have made a camera.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I've had to use (earlier versions) of this. Countless family portrait sessions where the 2 year old is frowning. It is useful when used carefully. Of course there is also the handy face swap technique.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

It is impossible to make a tool that nobody will abuse.

Guitars are a great example, so are hammers.

Being able to change people's expressions? I am pondering the value in terms of political sabotage. Priceless...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I've had to use (earlier versions) of this. Countless family portrait sessions where the 2 year old is frowning. It is useful when used carefully. Of course there is also the handy face swap technique.

That's just it. Useful when used carefully. This would be a good application. I can't believe how well it works!!!

And yes, face swap. Give that two-year-old a beard!

It is impossible to make a tool that nobody will abuse.

Guitars are a great example, so are hammers.

Being able to change people's expressions? I am pondering the value in terms of political sabotage. Priceless...

The fun you could have! Mwhooohahahahahahaha!!!