Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Photoshop Elements 2021 on sale, add?

Premier Elements? P-shop is $70 downloaded, add Premier and it's $100.

They are on sale until almost noon tomorrow.

I want to make videos but I don't know if I will or if this is good video software.

I can download a free version of DaVinci Resolve that is supposed to be really nice.

On the other hand, Adobe is introducing more VI into these products, they will be smarter at doing things. Some of those things are tedious and VI could save time simply because you could go do something else while it churns.

Thoughts?

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought it anyway, both Photoshop and Premiere - Elements versions.

I started with Photoshop 1.07 in the early 90's so Elements is a huge step up from the early versions. I can hang, what makes it useful is the batch processing.

I will shoot many photos of items I want to list online and sell. Elements can hit 'em all with the quick and dirty fix and re-size them for uploading. Saves a lot of time, that's where it will pay for itsetf.

I do have fun with Photoshop and it would be cool to get better at producing video.

Batch processing can be a wonderful thing. I use Lightroom for that, but really, whatever does batch processing quickly and effectively is fantastic.

I don't know very much about Premiere at all.

I've heard great things about DaVinci Resolve, but have never used it. For my band stuff, I use iMovie, mostly because it already happens to be on my computer and I know how to use it. Works fine, nice and simple for what I need to do.

Yes, batch processing is an essential luxury. Preview was good enough at the relatively minor tweaks I needed to make my "items for sale" photos look good but it was one at a time.

I had the Elements 2018 package but the installers were still 32 bit so I couldn't re-install the programs in Catalina. I should be good for a few years now, chugging out stuff to flip. So nice to set it up, make one click and go do something else while it converts a folder full of images into "ready to post."

I do take an Art photo once in a while but these days that is usually a cell phone photo. The best camera is the one you have with you!!!!!

At this point in my life I seem to be done with fully planned and executed Art photos for the most part. If I see something that catches my fancy, I'll make an image. Has been cardboard homeless signs "Yesterday, I HAD a banana" or grafitti "No Trespassing (crossed out) and above - "All are Welcome" on a freeway pillar just below a famous homeless burrow under I-5 at an overpass.

There are all sorts of things to see if one keeps an eye out.

There are so many things. During the pandemic, I was going for walks around the neighborhood. That'd be one of the few times I was outside except for hanging in the back yard. And it was amazing how many interesting photos I could take while simply walking around a residential neighborhood.

My feeling is this. Photography has been a gift for me. When I say this, people think, "Oh, okay, you publish books, you get in National Geographic, you write for Photofocus. Sure, I totally get it."

No. That's not what I mean at all. What happened is that when I became serious about photography, the whole world began looking different. It gave me an appreciation of everything around me and made everything look more beautiful, interesting, cool, textural, and more.

People embracing became more emotionally impactful. A quiet chalk drawing on a sidewalk became beautiful. The light on the trees became more vivid. Sunsets were more visceral and colorful. Abandoned buildings became more textural and interesting.