Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motion Sound Pro 3T

I am looking for any advice I can get. My Pro 3T had a squeaking rotating horn so I opened the top and dropped a couple drops of standard lubricating oil onto the 'spindle' area. When I plugged it back in after a few minutes, smoke started coming out, and the horn wouldn"t turn anymore. The belt is new, everything works and sounds fine except the horn won"t turn at all. I believe Motion Sound is out of business? I"m not using it anymore. I"m not an electrical guy so I won"t be fixing it myself. What can I try, besides selling it for parts?

Yamaha MX61

Hammond Sk1

Motion Sound KP-200S

Motion Sound Pro-3T

Studio One 4 - Artist, on PC platform

Mackie Mix8 Compact Mixer

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that the oil you used didn't get too hot from the friction and seize up the bearing? Could you tell where the smoke was coming from specifically? Take off the belt and run the motor, if it turns, then the bearing is the problem.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Thanks for responding. It may have seized-up the bearing but I took the belt off and nothing changed. Couldn"t tell where the smoke was coming from exactly. I was scrambling to unplug it and couldn"t tell afterwords.

Yamaha MX61

Hammond Sk1

Motion Sound KP-200S

Motion Sound Pro-3T

Studio One 4 - Artist, on PC platform

Mackie Mix8 Compact Mixer