Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT(ish): Pulling together a Spotify playlist

Hi all - over recent months a person in my geographic region set up a Spotify playlist that featured only local artists. I've been loving it and it's good supporting people not otherwise getting a heap of plays. I then thought I'd love to do the same here so I'm going to set up a playlist of sings from fellow forumites:

Here's the thread to post your Spotify tracks

Once I've set it up I'll post a link to the playlist so everyone can use it. :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Spotify?

Evidently I do have an account. Don't think I've ever used it though.

Anything in particular you need to know to upload them to Spotify?

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

What's Spotify?

Evidently I do have an account. Don't think I've ever used it though.

Anything in particular you need to know to upload them to Spotify?

Hiya - yeah you need to sign up with a distribution service like Tunecore (which I use) but there are others like Distrokid etc. They then get your stuff on around 30 different services including the biggies like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon etc. Just be aware: even though the pricing is reasonable with the distributor, you're unlikely to make your money back e.g. play $30 to get an album on there and maybe make 10 bucks a year :D

Actually, your reply made me remember why I have a Spotify account to begin with. About 10-12 years ago I released a CD on CD Baby (not a plug, but see signature).

They made sure it was distributed to iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify and all of the other online outlets (at that time).

I'm sure I set up the account just to check and make sure my CD was on there. Haven't ever used it for anything else that I recall. lol

BTW - a mind is a terrible thing to waste ...

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Brad your CD Baby link is broken :)

Thanks. I'll look into that. Could be it was a subscription and I didn't renew.

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording

Still really keen to get any Spotify links if your stuff is on there. There's about an hour's music on the playlist right now, but the more the better. If the playlist gets some love everyone could get a nice little bump to their streams.

I just found out my single track on CDbaby is no longer in the no longer existing store, that's a shame.I certainly have no intention joining cheapify and such, so hopefully there are other more normal track distributors that can be taken serious. Preferably with CD or even HD quality track distribution, or do I have to make my own store and copy protection etc etc for that ? What a lack of progress.

T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump but wanted to do a further call out for your tracks - there's decent bunch now but always after more and keen to support forumites. Feel free to share the playlist itself - the more people share the more listens forumites get :)

Link to Spotify playlist

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...