Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Keyboard backpack style bags?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gator Pro Go series appears to still be current - every unit in this line seems to have backpack straps. I've owned one for a while and find it well built and useful so far.

Fusion also seems to offer backpack straps on most of their bags (although I've never used or seen one).

Looks like quite a few of the manufacturer branded bags (Yamaha, Korg) have backpack straps for their smaller units as well.

I read really good things about the Fusion bags, and in fact the 49-key is a perfect size for my 61-key Summit. Right now they don't seem as available as they were a month ago.

The other I was considering is the Gator pro-go, they seem pretty comparable as far as thickness and quality.

I have an older skb rotomolded case and in the end I decided to just use it even though it's too big.

I've had several gig bags with backpack straps and for whatever reason don't use them much. I end up either using my cart for long hauls or just the handles for shorter ones. I'm wary of keyboards banging on stuff when they are on my back I guess.

Thanks guys, I will check out those suggestions - not sure how we'll go in Oz, but fingers crossed :)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

This topic doesn't strike me as OT at all.

Yeah I was a bit undecided really, but as it was carry bags and not specifically keys, I thought mebbe a tad off centre?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Thanks, nice looking bag! Anpother brand to put on the list - I also found this one too https://www.storedj.com.au/roland-cbb49-black-series-49-note-keyboard-bag-w-shoulder-straps , but I do like the look of that Mono one!

Yamaha makes a couple of backpack bags for the MX49 and MX61

1. https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/accessories/mx49b_bag/index.html

2. https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/accessories/mx61b_bag/index.html

Also - in an odd twist of fate, gun/rifle bags are generally around the right size to fit 49 and 61 key keyboards. Worth shopping around to see if one will fit your keyboard.

good tip re gun bags, would NEVER have thought of that.

And afaik, the yammie bags have no shoulder straps for carrying backpack style

Thanks guys, I will check out those suggestions - not sure how we'll go in Oz, but fingers crossed :)

Thomann ships globally, why I recommeded them

but the cost of shipping...yikes! I think they're like USPS, once they realised just how much was going to Oz (especially when our dollar was on parity) they jacked the prices a LOT!

Thanks Dave I was unaware of this, could get dangerous for my wallet ;)

but the cost of shipping...yikes! I think they're like USPS, once they realised just how much was going to Oz (especially when our dollar was on parity) they jacked the prices a LOT!

Ahh ok bugger, my wallet may be safe then :D

Mono 61 key cases! Very comfortable, waterproof, I've had mine for years. A bit hard to get them in some parts of the world though.

Aynsley Green Trio - Caravan

Upper: Sequential OB6 or Roland Fantom 06

Lower: Nord Stage 4 Compact or Yamaha YC88

Sometimes: Hammond SK2, Roland System 8, Roland SH2, Roland SE-02, Roland JX-08, Korg Prologue 16

Just bought a Hammond SK1. Gotta a deal on it for the same price included a back pack style bag. Made specifically for the SK1 by Hammond.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

this. I have one and have used it for taking my SK1 in to festivals and the backstraps are worth their weight in gold when it's a long walk. I also recently picked up a Yamaha MODX7 bag for my Vox, well made, maybe not quite up there with the mono case but close enough. Yamaha does a YC61 bag but the mono bag is cheaper and at east as well made.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

... afaik, the yammie bags have no shoulder straps for carrying backpack style

Au contraire mon frere, the yammie bags do have 'adjustable backpack straps'. Check out the pics on Sweetwater.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MX49BagBk--yamaha-mx49-bag

My Modx7 bag does have shoulder straps, but it's a bit awkward using them because the keyboard is a longer one being a 7.

I don't like the bag though and wish I'd bought a thicker one like the gator or Fusion ones. The Yamaha sides are thin to the point where the bag doesn't hold itself up. By way of contrast, the Nord gig bag I had (which isn't even as thick as the ones I mentioned) would hold shape on its own and was a better quality bag than the Yamaha.

Another factor I wish I'd considered--the Modx has a touch screen and it would have been nice if the pocket was centered and over the touch screen--instead it's small and only on one end of the keyboard (?). The pocket could have been a bit of extra protection.

... afaik, the yammie bags have no shoulder straps for carrying backpack style

Au contraire mon frere, the yammie bags do have 'adjustable backpack straps'. Check out the pics on Sweetwater.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MX49BagBk--yamaha-mx49-bag

Cool, mon ami, not sure how, but I missed the detail on that pic. Was looking on my phone with no glasses in my defence :D

• 4 months later...
Anybody know if the Pro-Go 88 Key bag would fit a MOXF? The interior dimensions on the Gator site say 57"x18"x6.25" and the MOXF is 52"x16"x6.6". Would that extra .35" on the MOXF depth be enough that this case wouldn't fit? Anyone have experience with the reliability/weight tolerance of the backpack straps as well? I heard they were attached to the bag with velcro which to me seems somewhat questionable.