Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If you absolutely MUST keytar, ...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez... He looks like he's cradling 'Casper, the Friendly Ghost'.

1967.png.8effc6fe735a338f843afe276e69d350.png

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I cant understand why that guy isnt a total chick magnet. It must be the flowery polyester shirt. I had a shirt like that back in 77. It didn't work for me either.

Funny... it worked for me, but I was a 17 year old back then so chicks were easy :D

I cant understand why that guy isnt a total chick magnet. It must be the flowery polyester shirt. I had a shirt like that back in 77. It didn't work for me either.

Funny... it worked for me, but I was a 17 year old back then so chicks were easy :D

Maybe my problem when I was 17 was just that it wasn't the late 1970s. Sure, that must have been it.

I"ll wait for the 88 key weighted.
I approve this idea, since I think my primary reaction to this keytar is "why stop there?" I think a version the size and shape of an upright bass can only enhance the appeal.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

God bless. What's inside? Looks like a Roland from the left-hand movements (pitch bend ribbon and modulation squeezy)...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Ugh, there would have to be armed terrorists holding my family hostage for me to get out there on a keytar.

Or maybe an extra hundred in per-gig money might do it.....might.

And this is for the safety and comfort of others as much as my own. We have a couple photogenic band members but I ain't one. Me wibbling and wobbling and probably tripping over wedges out front means nobody wins.

You know if the guy in the video started with a black ax-synth and had hot rod flames painted on it, it would have probably made his keytar look cooler. Putting a clownishly oversized guitar body on it didnt help the look and had to add weight and bulkiness. Yet the guy seemed pretty proud of his contraption.

FunMachine.

He absolutely should be proud of his contraption. It"s obvious from the look on his face that it"s intended to be completely goony, and it"s made even funnier by the fact that he"s actually got some pretty good chops.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Ugh, there would have to be armed terrorists holding my family hostage for me to get out there on a keytar.

Or maybe an extra hundred in per-gig money might do it.....might.

And this is for the safety and comfort of others as much as my own. We have a couple photogenic band members but I ain't one. Me wibbling and wobbling and probably tripping over wedges out front means nobody wins.

Don't be afraid. It's all about selling it. I'm not exactly a Chippendale's, Spandex-wearing type, yet I treat my time on stage with my Keytar's like I do any of my playing; in a non-parody way.

Audience loves it.

Here's me near the end of a fun synth solo trading some licks with my bass player

RjddVG.jpg

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

I have the Roland Axe Edge in black, but I never thought of flames! Another new project.

I'd love to see that. None of my keytars ear their original paint, from my 'Hammered Copper' Vortex 1, to my 'Anodized Red' Vortex Wireless 2.

If I had the new Roland Ax in black, I'd add ghost flames like I had on my '70 Chevelle SS :thu:

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

As long as we're posting pix with our keytars, here's me with my Roland Lucina, a failed product that was quickly discontinued (so I got mine cheap), but I always thought it was fun to play, partly because of its smaller size and also because it has some of the best Roland sounds (stereo). It's a great organ patch and the piano and wurly aren't too shabby either. Haven't had it out in a while. But then, I haven't been out for a while either.

1970.thumb.jpg.080bb6f3431acd31dbbe0e9f71a5b3aa.jpg

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Well, I don't like soloing period so it's not like some part of me wants to keytar and another part is scared.

All the parts are in agreement, staying in the back is great! The only time being in the back sucks is that I do like to sing lead, and that makes for an odd stage presentation (as does a drummer singing IMO). But no way do I yearn to be at a mic stand without an instrument either, so that might be a way that I'd bust out a keytar.

But hey more power to the keytarists, it takes all kinds!

I have the Roland Axe Edge in black, but I never thought of flames! Another new project.

I saw that keytar for the first time in an ad last week. I gotta admit, it's pretty badass looking! The price is decent, too. Don't give me any ideas here.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation