Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie position in a room

I'm finally moving my 122V in to the spare bedroom/music room (an almost square rectangle), wondering if I should put it in a corner or in the middle of a wall? or it doesn't matter? thanks.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The leslie swirles the sound around so middle of the wall would be best. A corner would block sound on one side. Just my preferance but I would also keep the back panels on and face the leslie forward as it was meant to work and look. You should have plenty of volume for a room of that size.

I"ve had my two in a corner for 10 years and they fill the room just fine.1258FFE0-1DAB-4866-B779-AB88DDCABAF1.jpeg

1943.thumb.jpg.c29ef417b1c95b5d0775817db25574d3.jpg

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

It has been well established that humans will perceive more bass from a speaker placed in a corner, compared to the same speaker placed against one wall. So I suggest this is something you can experiment with. If you want more bass, put your speaker in the corner. If the speaker sounds too bassy sitting in a corner, place it along a wall away from a corner.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

I would say middle of wall and pulled out so that one side isn't blocked. If in a corner put it at an angle (each edge of back is against different wall( so no side is against a wall. In fact that might give you a bit more bottom end.

When given the option, I've always liked against the wall, center of the wall with the louvers facing out. Most of the time though, it goes wherever the studio of the day can fit it. Everything from in the piano booth to jammed into little maintenance closets! :freak: