Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pianoteq Petrof 284 Mistral

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

US $59.00 if you don't gets you both. I played the demo a few days ago and really like it. I have too many choices already. As an aside, Pianoteq just keeps getting better and better. (Yes, I know better is subjective.)
:nopity:

Migod, that's jaw-dropping. Note to self: finally address piano jones and buy this by Friday.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

I have sympathy for the (limited but real as far as I know) Physical Modelling from PT, and this sounds sort of ok, too, though I'm not sure about the limited sound variations, and would think this piano brand has more warm low end by far. Also, I think the dynamics and the soundboard simulations are too far from a real piano for my taste.

T.

You need to try Pianoteq Standard in order to fully enjoy the software"s capabilities. I have the Pro Studio Bundle and they"re all exquisitely playable like real instruments. Not sampled recordings.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

You need to try Pianoteq Standard in order to fully enjoy the software"s capabilities. I have the Pro Studio Bundle and they"re all exquisitely playable like real instruments. Not sampled recordings.

Exactly. When I finally made the push from Stage to Standard it really opened my eyes (ears) to how good I could make the pianos sound.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

I've been downloading the trial editions of Standard since about Pianoteq 5. Modartt's come a long way, but still there is 'just something' in the middle octaves that's just too straight for me â no matter how much tweaking â it's hard to describe. But I'd really be interested in an iOS version as it seems like it would be a perfect fit and should compete nicely with Ravenscroft & Ivory.

Here for the gear.