Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Barcelona's Concert Covid Experiment - 5000 People

Barcelona is holding a concert with 5,000 today (Saturday), where the ticket price includes a same-day antigen test and a mask. They'll be tracking attendees in the weeks to come to find out if the event leads to an outbreak of Covid that's higher than the norm, or whether they can get away with large-scale, outdoor concert events. Although the government has ordinances against large gatherings, they're making an exception.

Quite an experiment, eh?

Here's the full story...fingers crossed.. If this works, it could bode well for summer festivals and outdoor events.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The results should be interesting.

I wouldn't want to be one of the 'lab rats' though. I have strong self-preservation instincts.

Miami is conducting a similar experiment, but without masks. I suspect it will duplicate the Sturgis results.

Notes â«

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Irresponsible, sociopathic. Spanish health authorities should know better than to let this happen. The bands playing should be ashamed.

Rapid testing is only about 45% effective in *asymptomatic* infections. Which presumabbly would be everybody at the concert. They will miss at least half the people infected. Barcelona has an R0=1.21 and a prevalence around 10%. 500 people will be infected, at best 250 screened out (not realistic IMO). The 250 will infect another 312. In close contact, hours-long concert conditions most likely a whole lot more.

Helping the variants get more traction. It would have made more sense if they'd made it based on proof of vaccination, and offered on-site vaccinations. Rapid asymptomatic testing is almost pointless, and masks in a concert situation is almost as pointless. Dumb and narcissistic humans.

"Thanks for coming to the peasant experiment... I mean, show! Hope you're not one of the 312 that's going to get covid!"

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

The results should be interesting.

I wouldn't want to be one of the 'lab rats' though. I have strong self-preservation instincts.

:yeahthat:

dB

'

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments