Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hey folks, cross posting this fantastic video review from brother Piano Man Chuck. Please chime in on what you like and or dislike. In the description below the video (if you watch on YouTube) is a link to another video he did of the sound set, using Classic Rocks songs for the demo

:nopity:

• 3 months later...

Dreaming out loud since they already have sounds, hence the K5.

K5 has some decent sounds but crappier demos, so it"s hard to tell if they"re the same.

But Legends 70 sounds really good, just needs more memory and more of the K4/K5 MIDI Controls.

They"ve really made decent kit for over 25 years now, going back to the MC3000/2000 era.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Dreaming out loud since they already have sounds, hence the K5.

K5 has some decent sounds but crappier demos, so it"s hard to tell if they"re the same.

That´s why I asked !

I guess the sounds in the Legend 70s are more advanced even the samples are the same.

But the samples don´t affect the physical models and I can imagine the Legend 70s have more,- or more powerful,- processors under the hood and compared to that already ancient sound engine board of the K4/5 EX Midi master keyboards..

[quote=hardware

But Legends 70 sounds really good, just needs more memory and more of the K4/K5 MIDI Controls.

The disadvantage of the Legend 70 is it´s concept when it comes to module upgrades.

When you buy a 88-keys model, you have to sacrifice something for the VA synth and the ext. MIDI module already.

When buying a smaller model, the nitemare begins earlier.

There´s not enough room for complex MIDI controller haptics anyway.

They"ve really made decent kit for over 25 years now, going back to the MC3000/2000 era.

Aren´t the K4 / 5 discontinued meanwhile and the Physis Piano H models too ?

I have the impression Viscount, beside their church organs and home pianos, concentrates on the Legend organ and e-piano series and not on devices controlling large Midi rigs.

I guess they didn´t sell too many K-models and know very well the majority of average customers don´t need complex Midi.

It was already the same in the past.

That´s why I kept the Miditemp PMM88E box ´til today and even there´s no USB at all.

B.t.w.,- on the Legend 70, I hate the 2 wheels in a row to the left.

:)

A.C.

There are discontinued I believe except the K5.

I bought a 2nd unit and enough spare parts for a 3rd.

Used the Triple Wheel assembly, and the fader/knob/button board.

It is the very best controller for PCs and VSTs or a rack of hardware, even lighting automations, etc.

One model is nicked up from 7 years of toting it around. But it"s really well built and is the last series of boards I"ll ever use.

The dream ROMPler I always hoped would be built has never materialized so I"m all in on the Physis K4.

Can"t believe Physis has been my choice for 25 years, and Scope DSP for 17 years.

A Legend w/ a Scope system for live work using Kontakt for authentic Horn Sections would be a great fallback for me.

Doubt that will happen though.

Cheerz.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this topic. Does anybody own one? If so, I'm looking specifically for reports about using it with software instruments with both midi and audio.  Is it reliable? Can you route the incoming audio through the effects?

General impressions also welcome.

I love the form factor. Would buy it without onboard sounds were it available, but would also be happy to have the onboard sounds for quick use. I think, just from demos, that the acoustic piano module sounds quite decent. Wurly fares better than Rhodes. 

Also considering the Crumar Seven, which shares the flat top, lacks the audio interface, and does not seem to sound quite as good on faux acoustic or Wurly.  Audio interface not crucial - Key Largo will suffice. Really nice if the USB audio can be routed through the effects, though.  I actually prefer the height of the top of The Seven.

I am looking for  the on board "good enough" for various situations, and to have its sound supplanted when warranted. 

Current digital piano chores are handled by a Forte, with my favorite 3rd party Wurly and Mark I sample sets ( whose creator asked me not to name in this context) loaded into Flash memory, along with 2 Sampletekk pianos.  (Sadly, not all at once - not quite enough Flash memory)  Mostly I gig with a Wurly or Vintage Vibe as my bottom board - only use the Forte when I really need acoustics. The thing is....I REALLY prefer the ergonomics and aesthetics of a top board sitting directly on the bottom board over a two tiered stand. 

I have never seen one in the wild, nor a Seven.

Edit: No Din midi out on the 7. Bummer.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

On 2/22/2022 at 1:51 AM, Phil Aiken said:

Resurrecting this topic. Does anybody own one? If so, I'm looking specifically for reports about using it with software instruments with both midi and audio.  Is it reliable? Can you route the incoming audio through the effects?

General impressions also welcome.

I love the form factor. Would buy it without onboard sounds were it available, but would also be happy to have the onboard sounds for quick use. I think, just from demos, that the acoustic piano module sounds quite decent. Wurly fares better than Rhodes. 

Also considering the Crumar Seven, which shares the flat top, lacks the audio interface, and does not seem to sound quite as good on faux acoustic or Wurly.  Audio interface not crucial - Key Largo will suffice. Really nice if the USB audio can be routed through the effects, though.  I actually prefer the height of the top of The Seven.

I am looking for  the on board "good enough" for various situations, and to have its sound supplanted when warranted. 

Current digital piano chores are handled by a Forte, with my favorite 3rd party Wurly and Mark I sample sets ( whose creator asked me not to name in this context) loaded into Flash memory, along with 2 Sampletekk pianos.  (Sadly, not all at once - not quite enough Flash memory)  Mostly I gig with a Wurly or Vintage Vibe as my bottom board - only use the Forte when I really need acoustics. The thing is....I REALLY prefer the ergonomics and aesthetics of a top board sitting directly on the bottom board over a two tiered stand. 

I have never seen one in the wild, nor a Seven.

Edit: No Din midi out on the 7. Bummer.

Hello ! Francesco from Viscount International. I saw the topic and here is the link to informations (Website) www.legend70s.com

If you need any info...

Ciao!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 4:45 AM, Doerfler said:

hey folks, cross posting this fantastic video review from brother Piano Man Chuck. Please chime in on what you like and or dislike. In the description below the video (if you watch on YouTube) is a link to another video he did of the sound set, using Classic Rocks songs for the demo slope game

Very detailed review introducing the features of this stage piano.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2022 at 1:35 AM, francesco verni said:

Hello!

NEWS by Viscount on the Legend'70s...  

Francesco,

The downloads page on the the legends70s.com website has the wrong files posted for the Editor and the APiano module.  The titles do say "v1.07" and "2.02" respectively, but links actually still download "v1.06" of the editor, and "v2.01" of the APiano module.  Can you have your webmaster please post the actual updates?

• Like 1

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

18 hours ago, Brad Kaenel said:

Francesco,

The downloads page on the the legends70s.com website has the wrong files posted for the Editor and the APiano module.  The titles do say "v1.07" and "2.02" respectively, but links actually still download "v1.06" of the editor, and "v2.01" of the APiano module.  Can you have your webmaster please post the actual updates?

Thank you, Francesco!  Links are fixed now. :thu:

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

Interesting that they moved from modeled acoustic pianos (in the Physis EX) to sampled acoustic pianos here. The EPs and clav are still modeled, though. I'm guessing they may be the same, but I've never had the opportunity to play a Legend 70s or compare the EPs/Clav to the EX. Anyone?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

On 5/8/2022 at 10:34 AM, AnotherScott said:

Interesting that they moved from modeled acoustic pianos (in the Physis EX) to sampled acoustic pianos here. The EPs and clav are still modeled, though. I'm guessing they may be the same, but I've never had the opportunity to play a Legend 70s or compare the EPs/Clav to the EX. Anyone?

I’ve just read on Kraft’s site that the AP samples have come from Dexibell. Very strange that I've only been able to find this description on the mobile site – perhaps they've taken this information down.  Can anyone attest to the quality? I’m thinking that’s pretty awesome if true. 

Here for the gear.

• 4 months later...