Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SSS and the other MPN forums (fora?)

I am SO delighted to have SSS back on MPN. There are days I go there first before coming to KC. It really is a whole different experience. I like just reading it - I find the the level of discourse over there to be quite enjoyable.

So many of us have KC bookmarked, sometimes I wonder how many of y'all check out SSS (and the other forums at MPN)..? :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm moderately active over there, depending on the topic. Same at Dr. Mike's Studio Workshop, the Virtual Music - Online Collaboration forum, and occasionally on the recording forum.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I don't even know what SSS is!

Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage! https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/1/1/craig-andertons-sound-studio-and-stage ;)

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I have to say I am pretty pleased with where the Studio Workshop is right now; considering we started from zero, the traffic now is decent.

We have a small number of very loyal and prolific posters who are helping keep the content fresh, and I would like to tip my hat to them as a collective so I don't miss anyone.

In the beginning, I was a bit peeved that all of the loyal KC readers who have been using this forum for studio topics for decades didn't immediately abandon ship and come over to the Studio Workshop. This was, of course, asinine, so instead I've tried to participate in appropriate threads on KC while nurturing DMSW where I can. After all, this need for good answers to good questions remains, no matter where it's posted.

Sure, I do wish that topics like mics, mixers, acoustics, and especially computer-related stuff that would otherwise get buried in a tearing hurry, had more traffic on the Studio Workshop, but it's best if that process is organic. Everyone is welcome, and I just want to remind folks that the forum is there, and that on average, threads about these topics have fewer posts in the first 48 hours but a much longer tail so they're a bit easier to find.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Like everything else I take it by spells. (sigh) I do miss the gang from the good old days. I wish we could get everyone back for just one day of lively discussion. I've been trying to liven up the drum forums a bit. I'm thinking we need an LRB forum. (lazy retired bums)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I used to hang at SSS years back, but it got so cluttered and slow and laggy I gave it up (that was not via the MPN forum engine I might add)...I might go back and check it out...

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Craig's group is the bridge between KC and Mike's more technoid group. I know my tools and outside realms up to a point, but my skills hit a certain wall at times. Between the three, I almost feel (basically) equipped to wrestle The Synth Bear, or Narfle the Garthok, as it were. Get the reference, win nothing whatsoever. I pick up useful info from the other groups as well, but these ring my main bells the most.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"