Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

The Drawbars dropped another original.

Fun video. Cool tune. Studio looked very good. Which leslie were you using?

That's the Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Studio in Hamburg, Germany. Run by a friend, based around a massive and gorgeous Polygram console.

You're hearing the B3 w/ built-in spring reverb through a wedge preamp into the beat-up black tolex 760 visible behind me to the left at 1:41.

Two 441's on the horn, and I *think* a 421 on the rotor.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

A while back I recorded a quick little thingy with my VA1 prototype. Sloppy and very much un-quantized, but had a blast banging on one of my favs from Herbie's Manchild album!

I love these "all on one synth" videos when they're as nicely done as this, quantising be damned.

I was completely unaware of this synth. Nice character!

Kurzweil is one of those brands where everything I've ever heard out of their machines sounds good. Did they ever produce a dud?

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

This is one of the best compliments I have gotten:)! Thank you so much! I usually play jazz/freejazz/prog/metal, have released a bunch of records and teach as an Associate Professor in piano performance at a local University (blablabla no bragging/shameless promoting intended). But, the art of accompaniment, especially in a duo setting with pop/rock songs, was really, really hard for me. So your compliment means ALOT to me:)

Just playing with a playalong, a good one though..... I had to figure out what I wanted to do with this track, took a while, 2 and half days playing different things with it, this was the 1st solid result...Brown's bass playing is so sick and good.. how I unwind during COVID time.

'Don't Count On Me'

[video:youtube]

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

The third single from my upcoming, epic rock concept album.

Enjoy!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

My last composition, "Allieurs, un soir", something like "Somewhere else, an evening".

Lockdown time :-<

https://soundcloud.com/user-74440421-480610805/ailleurs-une-soir/s-ec8UYY7AZZf

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

1st 3 pieces,

https://metapop.com/opossum-apocalypse

I played all instruments on Opossum Apocalypse. Korg Wave drum is both loops I made (there is no MIDI function) and improv. Bass, acoustic and 12 string guitars and electric guitar both as guitar and as a trigger for VST using Fishman Triple Play. 2014-ish

Second one is live recording at the club from about 1989 or so, I am lead guitar.

Third one is 3 friends goofing off with a cassette portages-studio and Drumulator. I played guitar, sang backups, recorded and produced.Probably early to mid 80's.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest studio effort

Joe's Dancehall - this is dedicated to my great uncle Joe Latona who as a dancer, acrobat and choreographer. He did Royal Command performances and mixed with Hollywood's best. He did many US TV night shows - I wish I could find the footage! He was even best man at Roger Moore's wedding!!

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Kashmir - I'm trying to do justice to the brilliant arrangements of John Paul Jones, which isn't usually the case on covers.

Montage for strings, Prophet Rev2 for brass (I'm going for the Yamaha GX-1 brass sound), and Hammond for something like a clarinet.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I don"t know if anyone actually listens to anything in this thread or merely posts their own link (as I must confess I am doing lol) but in the off chance that someone might listen to and possibly like my stuff, I will post a link.

I just released this album recently.

All live direct to Yamaha 4-track.

Loads of DX7.

https://mootbooxle.bandcamp.com/album/king-in-exile

Thank you!

Cheers!

Hi everyone! I don"t know if anyone actually listens to anything in this thread or merely posts their own link (as I must confess I am doing lol) but in the off chance that someone might listen to and possibly like my stuff, I will post a link.

I just released this album recently.

All live direct to Yamaha 4-track.

Loads of DX7.

https://mootbooxle.bandcamp.com/album/king-in-exile

Thank you!

Cheers!

Listening now - loving it - have also added to the forumite-devoted playlist I've set up: Link

I wrote and produced this song two years ago, and now the video is finally out. Prolly not what most folks here are into, but here goes:

Damn nice! Also added to the playlist - thanks!

One thing I"ve done since switching over to Reaper. I admit it"s a bit cheesy and kitsch but it sounds good to me.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.