Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Crumar Mojo Classic Suitcase arrived my front door yesterday.

Sweet! Did you get traditional or Reverse colored keys?

I opted for the traditional colour scheme.

Jyrki

Nord Stage 3 88, Prophet 6, Moog Voyager OS, Moog Little Phatty TE, Crumar Mojo Classic Suitacase, Kawai US-50 upright, Beltuna Studio 3 and Fantini cassotto accordions

I just ordered the Kurzweil Forte SE to replace the Arturia Keylab-88 as my bottom board. I had a chance to play one a few months ago in Ft. Wayne and kinda got lost in the piano sound and responsiveness. Supposed to be back in stock mid April.

forte-se-top.jpg

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Jaspers 3S-150B :keynana:

3S-150B.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

My Polybrute arrived today! Been waiting on this one for a while.

polybrute-image.png

Kurzweil PC3x - Polybrute - Voyager XL - Minitaur - Roland PK-5 - Integra-7 - TR-8s - KArp Odyssey

"Prog keyboardists are supposed to look like they're manning the helm of the Starship Enterprise..." -synthizen2

Last week finally got the Essence FM MkII.

300 notes of poly for FM layering goodness....

Manny

People assume timbre is a strict progression of input to harmonics, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timbrally-wimbrally... stuff

Probably only of interest to Dave Bryce.... American Professional II Jazzmaster. It was already slightly discounted for being a display model at Chuck Levin's. They lowered the price even more for me and did a free setup to lower the action to where I liked it. I think they even changed the strings. I guess they gave me the deal for not playing Stairway to Heaven or Eruption in the store. Now I can copy the guy posting Instagram vids of himself playing guitar while his Moog Matriarch plays sequenced bass.

The Jazzmaster is the same color as this one.

https://reverb.com/p/fender-american-professional-ii-jazzmaster?hfid=38800039&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12293041801&utm_content=campaignid=12293041801_adgroupid=117510903117_productpartitionid=1169995309323=merchantid=105562342_productid=38800039_keyword=_device=c_adposition=_matchtype=_creative=497303069914&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0caCBhCIARIsAGAfuMx9YEYvI7pkLPeaKKY4tEqNTxo8zfSikzz0CLm49miVo7JfIUhme3saAtu0EALw_wcB

Two serial cords for getting an old Power Macintosh midi system going.

Kentek-apple-serial-cord.jpg

Vintage Apple midi interface (ADB)

Apple-midi-interface.jpg

Used Alto TS312

TS312-Angle-web.png

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Probably only of interest to Dave Bryce.... American Professional II Jazzmaster. It was already slightly discounted for being a display model at Chuck Levin's. They lowered the price even more for me and did a free setup to lower the action to where I liked it. I think they even changed the strings. I guess they gave me the deal for not playing Stairway to Heaven or Eruption in the store. Now I can copy the guy posting Instagram vids of himself playing guitar while his Moog Matriarch plays sequenced bass.

https://reverb.com/p/fender-american-professional-ii-jazzmaster?hfid=38800039&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12293041801&utm_content=campaignid=12293041801_adgroupid=117510903117_productpartitionid=1169995309323=merchantid=105562342_productid=38800039_keyword=_device=c_adposition=_matchtype=_creative=497303069914&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0caCBhCIARIsAGAfuMx9YEYvI7pkLPeaKKY4tEqNTxo8zfSikzz0CLm49miVo7JfIUhme3saAtu0EALw_wcB

Awesome! You know I'm a fan of blue guitars...enjoy, brother!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Finally...a Korg N1R with the original box, manual, power supply, etc in awesome condition! Being a fairly-long-term GS member paid off for once lol. :cool: Got this from a gentleman over there via PM. :thu:

24-C8346-C-DF21-4-CD6-999-D-59-AF037-BC5-C6.jpg

7-B4-DCDA1-8-CAD-4284-81-C2-BC0-B6-EDA4-F8-D.jpg

Yah, it"s what might be called an 'old rompler'. So why am I happy? It gives me most of the Korg back catalog, and more importantly, very useful string sounds used by Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish, which are great in a live situation (where many keyboards fail). I don"t usually buy things because a great keyboardist uses them, but this is the one exception. And I know I will use it. :)

Just got my state income tax refund and spent a chunk of it on a couple of new mics: a Shure SM57 (to complement the SM58 I already have!) and an AKG P220. Eventually, I'd like a pair of AKG P170s and a Shure PGA52 so I can do a better job of mic'ing my wife's drumset.

Sweetwater still has Neat Worker Bees for $90. I have a pair, great for acoustic guitar. Would make an excellent pair for stereo overheads. Huge bang for the buck.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WorkerBee--neat-microphones-worker-bee-medium-diaphragm-condenser-microphone

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

When I was 16, I bought a 62 Fender Jazzmaster in a pawn shop in Fresno for $75. Original color was black, it looked like somebody had painted it gold metallic with a broom. Had the matching black headstock and wonder of wonders - a gold anodized aluminum pickguard that was probably at the bottom of the bin when they filled it back up and got missed for a few years. L neck, birds-eye maple back and rosewood fingerboard. That was a favorite of mine for a few years. Over the years, I've had 3 Jazzmasters all pre-CBS. Now I have none but it would be fun to have one!!!!! Sir Bryce is not the only admirer of such goodies!!!! (lurking guitarist right here...). Cheers, Kuru

There I was, happily playing on my new Tech 21 Double Drive and waiting for the Aston Element to arrive (it's here and really a great mic).

Then, somebody put their Mom's Peavey Fury bass on craigslist - one of the older models. It is super clean, very little wear and absolutely no corrosion or crud buildup anywhere. Mom was meticulous and son didn't play so it sat.

$200 with a hardshell case, a great bass. Me so very happy now!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143117517@N04/albums/72157718701534088

Kurzweil Forte SE[...]responsiveness.
So you're happy with the TP/100 action?

Cheers, Mike.

Yeah I originally went there to try out the GrandStage but the action on that was WAY too heavy. The SE felt a lot like my old Nord Stage 2. Mainly though it was the piano sounds and how they responded to velocity range.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

OnStage boom microphone stand, 45-76 inches (114-193 cm) tall, boom is 43-79" (109-200 cm) long. Got it used off of CL, but I think I would have been smart to buy it even at full price years ago.

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Boom.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

One of these:

https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php

MEQB_small.png_black.png

to make up for lack of pedal inputs from my setup.

Does exactly what it says and does it really well, including smoothly scaling my Roland EV5 output. Dead simple software config.

Have one myself - yes, excellent.

Had one by BeatBars - constantly spitting out CC data - sux.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Finally...a Korg N1R with the original box, manual, power supply, etc in awesome condition! Being a fairly-long-term GS member paid off for once lol. :cool: Got this from a gentleman over there via PM. :thu:

Yah, it"s what might be called an 'old rompler'. So why am I happy? It gives me most of the Korg back catalog, and more importantly, very useful string sounds used by Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish, which are great in a live situation (where many keyboards fail). I don"t usually buy things because a great keyboardist uses them, but this is the one exception. And I know I will use it. :)

Just to correct an error (edit is no longer available), Tuomas uses an N264 or N364 for some strings. The N1r is related.

Got some new speakers. :cool:

Bought a pair of IK Micro iLouds for the office, and a pair of Kali Audio IN8s for the studio.

dB

I've been thinking about the IN5s to replace my Focal CMS40s. I think you had the Focals at one time, so I will be curious to hear your review of the Kalis.

Two Yamaha KU100 silent kick pedals. Planning on a new experiment - kick drum while playing keys or accordion to add some rhythm. :)

223199.jpg

Bought a pair of IK Micro iLouds for the office, and a pair of Kali Audio IN8s for the studio.

dB

I've been thinking about the IN5s to replace my Focal CMS40s. I think you had the Focals at one time, so I will be curious to hear your review of the Kalis.

I had a set of CMS...but I stopped using them pretty quickly. The Focal tweeter and I don't play well together. :idk:

I'm a huge fan of coaxial designs, and I've enjoyed working on Charles Sprinkle's JBL profcuts like the LSR305s...so I'm not surprised that I really like these. So far, I'm way more impressed by the Kalis than I expected. MAN, they did a great job with these... :2thu:

dB

Cables for the rack rig! Cables always cost a ton lol.

6 Hosa 1' midi cables

2 Hosa 3' midi cables

3 Furman 3' IEC cables

1 Furman 1' IEC cable

12 Roland RCC-3-TRTR Black Series 3' 1/4" TRS cables

And...I'm now a guinea pig. :)

One of the brand new Hammer 88 Pro's! And a PSU since it doesn't come with one.

Hammer88-Pro-Angle-Left.png

Hammer88-Pro-Side-Back.png

And this case for it. It's a soft case but it has a wood frame and should fit like a glove. SKB SC88NKW

SKB-SK88.png

... a pair of Kali Audio IN8s for the studio.dB

dB,- I´ve read the Kali Audio N5 hiss less than the N8 because of an "improvement".

Did you compare both ?

Can it be, they use different Class-D amp chips ?

IMO, in a 3-way system, 4"coax and 8" woofer make more sense than 4"coax and 5" woofer,- but who knows which DSP- or other magic make the N5 a better choice.

My Yamaha MG10XU arrived yesterday for my upcoming birthday and it was left on my doorstep in light precipitation, unprotected. It was shipped with a label slapped on the actual product box for the world to see in a less than perfect neighborhood with a lot of foot traffic.

There really needs to be some standards for package delivery, this was a $200 purchase. The box could've been put inside my screen door, or at least not three feet away from my house in the effing rain. In a reasonable world, it should have been inside a shipping box with a plastic bag over it. 10 extra seconds of effort.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

dB

I had a set of CMS...but I stopped using them pretty quickly. The Focal tweeter and I don't play well together. :idk:

I'm a huge fan of coaxial designs, and I've enjoyed working on Charles Sprinkle's JBL profcuts like the LSR305s...so I'm not surprised that I really like these. So far, I'm way more impressed by the Kalis than I expected. MAN, they did a great job with these... :2thu:

dB

Thanks for the mini-review!

[dB,- I´ve read the Kali Audio N5 hiss less than the N8 because of an "improvement".

Did you compare both ?

Nope.

I don't go out of my way to A/B anything. I put a product in the space where I need it, and if I like it I keep it.

FWIW, the IN8s are not making any noise that I even notice....but honestly, I'm not looking for it.

dB