Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Here's What I Miss About CDs

Just bought a couple of music CDs, and made offer on another. I load them into Windows Media Player (WAV), store them on the computer and NAS, Then create MP3 files for a memory stick in the later vehicle.

Buy once, always own, they can't take them back.

Some of the ones I buy (and mine is NOT an extensive collection, but it is always things I will listen to over a long time) I learn about the artist on my YouTube feed. Still celebrating St. Patrick's Day, listening to Irish music as I type this.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CDs over streaming any day. Vinyl too!

The best way might be to rip them to a home server or big hard drive, create playlists, and get it all nicely organized.

Too much time and effort for me now.

iTunes used to be a reasonably efficient way of doing this sort of thing, but they 'improved' it and now it stinks.

First world problems...

The best way might be to rip them to a home server or big hard drive, create playlists, and get it all nicely organized.

Too much time and effort for me now.

I hear you...

iTunes used to be a reasonably efficient way of doing this sort of thing, but they 'improved' it and now it stinks.

Okay, so it's not just me. And equal time for YouTube music being far inferior to Google Play, at least for my purposes.

Where I live, broadcast radio plays classic rock, modern country, hip-hop, top40, and nothing else. Yawn.... I have far broader tastes as reflected in my CD library. YouTube is a great resource to audition music recommendations from peers. If I find something I like, I will buy the CD. If the CD is not available I have tools to capture the audio. There are long forgotten bands and musicians that people have uploaded on YT whose music is not available on CD.

Another CD came in today. Ripped it on my primary Windows computer. Burned a copy for the 1996 BMW (2000 era radio won't take memory sticks). Waiting for another to burn to memory sticks for the two newer cars.

All data on that computer auto-copies to my NAS device. All computers networked, so can listen from any of them.

This one is Celtic Woman "The Voices of Angels." Beautiful singing and accompaniment by the National Orchestra of Ireland.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim