Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cherry Audio Releases Virtual Oberheim Eight Voice Softsynth

... I imagine these guys are able to turn these things out because they have a synth building platform?

I'm assuming ... that these instruments leverage the Voltage Modular framework?

I´d say YES to both.

They offer an SDK for free for private use and the commercial one.

For the end user It´s meant to create virtual eurorack modules, but I can imagine there´s more behind it and possibly comparable to NI Reaktor- or S|C SCOPE SDK.

I think I´m in for the 8-Voice and Polymode.

Did anyone test the ARP 2600 and DC-106 ?

I have the basic Voltage Modular and it sounds good too IMO.

But I don´t prefer patching modular synths at all and even I find it interesting.

It´s simply too time consuming for me.

A.C.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the last damn thing I need. Bought it anyway.

No kidding, right? But I'm there too..

I've always wanted to mess around with the real deal, and this is likely the closest I'll get to that :laugh:.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I bought all,- 8-Voice, Polymode, 2600 and DC-106.

I don´t regret !

When I logged into the authorization process, it also updated the basic Voltage Modular.

These devices sound very good IMO.

Only disadvantage I´ve recognized,-

in Studio One Pro v4.x, I get clicks and pops when the plugin GUI is open.

This is not in Reaper 6.25, Reason 10, Reason 11 as also not in Traktion 7.

I got the same issue in Studio One Pro 4 w/ Sonic Projects OPX Pro II.

:)

A.C.

I wanted to add the same thing - I bought Cherry Audio's POLYMODE (and the "aftermarket" NKS files for it) but on certain patches I get all sorts of pops and clicks. I don't have this problem with 95% of my plug ins, so what gives with Cherry Audio?

When I try the demo of "Eight Voice", again I get pops and clicks. I wrote Cherry Audio, but they weren't able to offer any settings or advice, other than checking my latency settings in my VST host. When I use Diva, Sylenth, Native Instruments, Imposcar, OP-X and other obvious high-quality plug ins I don't have these problems. It strikes me as odd...

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

I wanted to add the same thing - I bought Cherry Audio's POLYMODE (and the "aftermarket" NKS files for it) but on certain patches I get all sorts of pops and clicks. I don't have this problem with 95% of my plug ins, so what gives with Cherry Audio?

When I try the demo of "Eight Voice", again I get pops and clicks. I wrote Cherry Audio, but they weren't able to offer any settings or advice, other than checking my latency settings in my VST host. When I use Diva, Sylenth, Native Instruments, Imposcar, OP-X and other obvious high-quality plug ins I don't have these problems. It strikes me as odd...

Seems your problem is different from mine.

What´s your VST host ?

I repeat myself ...

1.) I only have it w/ GUI open in Studio One Pro 4 (latest build) on my Windows 7 Pro DAW while I don´t recognize much CPU usage in taskmanager or host´s CPU display at all.

2.) It doesn´t happen when using the "plugins" in standalone mode where GUI is open always

3.) It doesn´t appear in all my other hosts at all, GUI open or not.

4.) It appears also and only in Studio One Pro 4 w/ Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II, GUI open and when the virtual keyboard and levers of the plugins are animated/ in motion.

So, I doubt it´s a Cherry Audio issue.

And, I dunno what´s up in Studio One Pro 5.2 (latest build) and Win10 Pro because I don´t have a Win10 DAW up to now.

And I´m using Intel iGPU graphics for DAW,- no dedicated PCI-X16 graphics card.

There are also graphic issues w/ latest Full Bucket Music plugins where the issue seems to be the resizable GUI and library used for realization.

They know,- so they offer plugin version w/ non-resizable GUI which work.

Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 also introduced graphic issues on my machine when hoovering over GUI w/ mouse and functionality explaining popups won´t disappear anymore until closing and re-opening GUI.

Unfortunately, there was no option for deactivating these popups.

It made the software unsusable for me.

:)

A.C.

Bought it. Couldn"t pass it up at the price point! Sounds fairly nice for the $29.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Seems your problem is different from mine.

What´s your VST host ?

I repeat myself ...

1.) I only have it w/ GUI open in Studio One Pro 4 (latest build) on my Windows 7 Pro DAW while I don´t recognize much CPU usage in taskmanager or host´s CPU display at all.

2.) It doesn´t happen when using the "plugins" in standalone mode where GUI is open always

3.) It doesn´t appear in all my other hosts at all, GUI open or not.

4.) It appears also and only in Studio One Pro 4 w/ Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II, GUI open and when the virtual keyboard and levers of the plugins are animated/ in motion.

So, I doubt it´s a Cherry Audio issue.

A.C.

I have tried their plug-ins using "VSTHost" as well as Komplete Kontrol.

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!