Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cherry Audio Releases Virtual Oberheim Eight Voice Softsynth

Cherry Audio releases massive new Eight Voice synthesizer

Intro price $29.00. 30-day demo available.

Cherry Audio is thrilled to announce the release of Eight Voice, our most ambitious instrument to date! Eight Voice is a carefully-crafted emulation of the mighty Oberheim Eight Voice synthesizer, originally released in 1977. This massive-sounding, back-breaking behemoth helped define the sound of rock, dance, and pop music in the 1970s and 1980s.

[video:youtube]

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At that price, I'll get it.

I wish it had sliders instead of a bajillion knobs.

I never saw the original so there is no nostalgia factor. I just like stuff that's easy, like sliders.

Sounds great though!!! Thanks for posting!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Got their email a few minutes ago ...

Nice one for the price for shure and at a 1st glance sounds good as well.

I appreciate it´s available for Windows NOW.

Let´s comparisons begin,- Arturia SEM, Gforce, Brainworx and Cherry Audio.

A.C.

OK, call me crazy but I just bought it.

So I have the Arturia, Brainworks, G-Force, and now Cherry Audio...

I guess the fact that the 8 voice is my all-around favorite synth ever...plus I LIKE to support the smaller developers...

So should be fun...I'm sure each version of the beast has something interesting to offer!

Tom

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

GAS is rampant with me today... I couldn't help myself either. For $29 to have a "virtual" classic and save my back, and it only adds to my Arturia and other soft synths.

PS - For some reason I'm getting all kinds of alerts from Keyboard Corner for no clear reason, but this was worth it :)

I"m a fan of their DC106 and polymoog for sure.

This one didn"t quite do it for me, as I have the Arturia SEM and can stack it and get similar results.

But for someone who wants Obie flavor for not much dough, it"s a win.

I make software noises.

Just grabbed it myself.

MAN, these guys do killer work! The interface is easy to move around on, the sound is big, warm and deep...and the programming is pretty damn great, IMO. A whole bunch of really useful and playable presets - well worth the $29 right there.

:2thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Hi Dave, the other Dave did a bunch of those presets. He sent me a list in email. I haven't had a chance to try them yet; too busy with non-stop job interviews and intense pro bono work.

I'm pretty sure I'll prefer this to the others, and especially to stacking Arturia's SEM (that doesn't do it for me; I put a significant amount of time into it when trying the OB-E from G-Force).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I bought it yesterday. Very impressive emulation, especially for $29. I like the "focus" feature that lets me enlarge certain areas of the normally tiny interface.

I want to see if I can get it to sound anything like Zawinul's original he used in "Havona".

[video:youtube]

I am very curious about it... I have the GForce one and I am absolutely floored.

Anyone here done an A/B? I have only seen a very few comments so far and they seem evenly split, with the GForce being favored for a slightly warmer and more authentic sound and the Cherry Audio for its low price and better built-in effects.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I did "Havona" in a jazz fusion trio in the mid 90's. Challenging song on bass (at least, to play it cleanly).

Too many Daves indeed! D. Bryce probably knows who I mean, as they have sent actual prototypes back and forth while writing patches for initial release.

I'm a strong believer in other people's privacy; just not my own. In other words, no one gets mentioned publicly without asking their permission first.

It's funny how on GS almost everyone is panning the CA stuff as inferior to other options -- probably because they already spent their money elsewhere.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I've been comparing demos of this and Arturia's take on it. I've decided against either. I end up quivering & wheening like your dog, watching you carve up a corned beef brisket. I haven't got COVID Lockdown Madness enough to add one of these to my last few acquisitions. I hang my head, not being man enough to take the 8-voice Obie Challenge. I just can't honor the SOB with enough attention. :fume::P

"We're the crash test dummies of the digital age."
            ~ Kara Swisher, "Burn Book"

I like the "focus" feature that lets me enlarge certain areas of the normally tiny interface.

Thanks for this tip. I bought it, installed it and have not had time to open it yet. I like the sound of the focus feature very much. Still knobs but big knobs are way better than tiny knobs.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I am very curious about it... I have the GForce one and I am absolutely floored.

Anyone here done an A/B? I have only seen a very few comments so far and they seem evenly split, with the GForce being favored for a slightly warmer and more authentic sound and the Cherry Audio for its low price and better built-in effects.

I will once the GForce product becomes available for Windows.

:nopity:

Same here. I had already stepped over my "no new synth plugins!" line in the sand when a voucher plus a sale gave me BX Oberhausen plus Thorn for 30 bucks total. I will try to be strong here. I also have Diva, and a free one whose name escapes me at the moment. I'll be interested to see/hear comparisons between oberhausen and this, granted they don't seem to be the same exact synth I don't think.

I'm used to $29 = an update plan needed down the road ***COUGH***WAVES***COUGH*** :D

but I imagine these guys are able to turn these things out because they have a synth building platform?

I'm assuming (with all willlingness to be wrong) that these instruments leverage the Voltage Modular framework?

-John

I make software noises.