Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So...what's your impression on last nights Grammy Awards?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably no sense of urgency for "appointment TV." When I looked up how to watch the Grammys, the CBS blurb said to watch live on TV, or "Stream the 63rd Annual GRAMMY Awards anytime on the CBS app and Paramount+." I had a video deadline for today, so I worked on the video, and will stream the Grammys when convenient - I heard it was a considerable improvement over previous years.

I have not watched the Grammy Awards in years. Two things pushed me away. Mismatched duos in an attempt to put more names on the list but with less air time. That dark period when they focused on has beens at the expense of young up and coming artists. I'm a huge Santana fan, but I don't need to see him get an un-earned Grammy when deserving artists go without. And when they threw multiple grammys to Sheryl Crow it became evident that Grammy's mean nothing.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Two things pushed me away. Mismatched duos in an attempt to put more names on the list but with less air time. That dark period when they focused on has beens at the expense of young up and coming artists. I'm a huge Santana fan, but I don't need to see him get an un-earned Grammy when deserving artists go without. And when they threw multiple grammys to Sheryl Crow it became evident that Grammy's mean nothing.
I

That's the kind of response I was looking for.....some kind of feedback given how the Grammy have become controversial over the years, and for all the wrong reasons. As a Canadian for example, our own Weekend was snubbed and has now joined the chorus of artists who now boycott the awards. For those that didn't watch, I can tell you that this year's show was unique on so many levels and may be a move in the right direction. It just struck me odd that his forum which is arguably the largest forum on the planet for musicians, by musicians, made no mention of the industries biggest event. But kinda know why.....

It just struck me odd that his forum which is arguably the largest forum on the planet for musicians, by musicians, made no mention of the industries biggest event. But kinda know why.....

We're too busy making music :) I used to be on the Board of Governors for the San Francisco branch of NARAS. This was a long time ago, I think it was the late early 80s...I did some kind of keynote and since I was qualified, instead of getting paid I traded it for a NARAS membership :) The main attraction for me was being able to buy albums, and later CDs, for cheap. But I have to say, that was back when the organization was much less political, and the San Francisco board was loaded with really good musicians and engineers. Eventually I didn't bother to renew my membership, so I'm no longer a NARAS member.

It's unfortunate that all people know about NARAS is the Grammys, because there are some people who work in the trenches and get no attention. For example, NARAS worked on guidelines for studios on how to deal with Covid.