Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Veronica Lewis (My Neighbor is a Rock Star!)

Blues Monster Sighted in Haverhill, MA!

I discovered recently that I've got a bona fide wunderkind living a few doors down from me - Veronica Lewis. She plays several of my favorite styles of blues piano, far better than me, AND her singing could make a bishop kick hole in a stained glass window. She just released a new album that debuted at #2 on the Billboard Blues charts and #1 on iTunes in the Blues category.

And oh yeah - she's 17. An alum of the Pinetop Perkins Foundation Master Class, she's got her sh*t so much more together than I did at 17, it makes my head spin. Her knowledge of and appreciation for everything that came before her is both impressive and reassuring to an aging hack like myself. Once again, I find myself being absolutely blown away by the amazing things young people are doing with music these days!

https://www.facebook.com/560975634104076/videos/482580596099434

https://www.veronicalewis.com

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

her singing could make a bishop kick hole in a stained glass window.

I just want to say I've never heard this term before but it's made my day :D I shall now be trying to use it in everyday conversation ;)

She's got it all like Marcia Ball!

Ok, that's not as good as the Bishop thing, but I haven't had my coffee yet.

It's great to see a youngster embracing and well on her way to mastering an traditional form of music.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

That. Was. Way. Cool... :2thu:

Woke me up fully, on cold and dreary morning that was missing an hour :laugh:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

It occurs to me that if YouTube had existed in my younger days I would have been demoralized enough by all these incredibly talented kids to have resorted to bagging groceries to pay rent.....just amazing the amount of young talent out there, and back in the day unless they managed to hook a record deal we'd never even know about them....

This girl is not my neighbor and probably will never be a rockstar. But this video is totally live and these kids lay it down for being 13 and 9.[video:youtube]

Oh man that's dynamite!!

Freakin' kids these days... :P

• 2 months later...

For those interested, I've done a podcast interview with Veronica :)

Huge thanks to you Dave W as I probably wouldn't have known about Veronica if you hadn't started this thread :thu: