Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

adhering iPad Mini to Nord Lead A1... advice?

Any advice on adhering an iPad Mini to the top metal face of a Nord Lead A1? Would like it secure for shows, which includes tapping the screen to fire off samples from BeatMaker and song changes with Set List Maker, but easy enough to remove for other purposes.

Thanks!

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the answer (yet) but am looking to do the same thing and will be interested in the replies. In my case it needs to stick to a plastic case (Yamaha MODX).

From other posts I've seen, I'm thinking maybe of gaffer's tape, perhaps combined with velcro (meaning, the gaffer's tape sticks to the keyboard, the velcro sticks to it and is also on the ipad.) My main concern isn't getting the ipad to stick, it's avoiding making a mess of the keyboard.

I use 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips for a lot of things. They're like the regular Command Strips but there are two sides that you use like Velcro. You can keep each side attached to your iPad and your Nord, or you can remove them easily by pulling on the tabs. If you're going to remove them after each gig, I'd just use the old Command Strips.

command-medium-large-black-picture-hanging-strips-mega-pack-17209blk-28es.jpg

Here for the gear.

I have velcro on my PC2 upper keyboard at church, and the matching velcro on an iPhone 6 with Korg Module (SIM card removed, this is my wife's old iPhone). Works like a champ. See no reason why it wouldn't work with a Mini. I also have a Mini2 that has a more extensive number of apps (32G room instead of 16), which I used until re-purposing the iPad.

Make all my sound changes in the User bank with my right hand.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I"m now on my third keyboard using this method: I use 3M foam tape to attach a very thin steel plate, about 4x5 inches, to my plastic-bodied keyboard top. I have an old speaker magnet that attaches with magnetism to the bottom of my steel-bodied Yamaha mixer, and it then sticks to the metal plate on the keyboard. I did try Velcro tape, put it was too hard to remove or peeled off. For an iPad, I would stick another thin steel plate to the back of its case with 3M tape.

People warned me about the magnetics affecting the electronics, but nothing has changed. There may be an issue with the iPad"s auto-off feature that relies on a magnet in the case flap, though.

CA93, MODX8, YC88, K8.2

I did wonder about magnetics and whether that would be a solution (or something to avoid).

By "mounting putty" do you mean the stuff that you use to put posters up at college in the dorms? :) I remember I used something called "fun tac" in college, I'm sure whatever company made it is long gone by now!

I did wonder about magnetics and whether that would be a solution (or something to avoid).

By "mounting putty" do you mean the stuff that you use to put posters up at college in the dorms? :) I remember I used something called "fun tac" in college, I'm sure whatever company made it is long gone by now!

Yea that's the stuff, I think. You can get it almost anywhere - hardware stores, Home Depot, art supply stores, etc.

A lot of the solutions I've seen in this thread could leave permanent marks on gear, or just be a PITA to set up. When I needed to use my NanoKontrol on a rental keyboard I just broke off a few small pieces of this stuff, rolled them into balls and applied them to the back of the NK. Stuck it onto the keyboard and it held just fine.

mounting-putty.jpg