Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone creating audio NFTs right now?

Is anyone here exploring the uncharted waters of audio NFTs? I don't even know that it's a thing yet for audio, but it seems like it's ripe for picking. I've started the process, and I've sold one art piece, but I'm trying to do it with audio, which I find much more compelling. Feel free to message me if you don't want to just talk about it in a public forum.

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't that what is being discussed in the other thread?

I think this justifies two threads - let's make this one about experiences with NFTs on a practical level, while the other deals with the topic of artist compensation in general since it started with SoundCloud changing its model.

I've sold one art piece, but I'm trying to do it with audio, which I find much more compelling

I'm very interested to hear about your experiences selling an art piece, my daughter is quite the artist and looking into it.

One of my visual designers made me of NFTs and the concept a few months ago, and he managed to sell a Scribble of a horse for $100. That piqued my interest, so I finally did some research. I still have no idea who, beyond early adopters, art collectors, and money launderers, could really benefit from the current state of NFTs, but I"m sure we"ll see use cases that make sense emerge soon. Like most emerging technology, I imagine that the first really comprehensible reason for NFTs will come from the adult entertainment industry.

It cost me $80 and an Etherium account to place a small image into the market. I certainly can get into more detail about how it"s done, but I will say now that the quality of the work on the market doesn"t seem to correlate with the final price. I"ll write more when I have time.

"For instance" is not proof.