Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Reharm Room

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Amazed this thread is still here! I made the first post back in 2006. A big hello to anyone who may still be here from then.

This is "In A Sentimental Mood". I did it a couple days ago, then realized it qualifies - at times - as a 'reharm'.

Using Logic, and Keyscape customized C7, featuring a uniquely damaged Roland keyboard action from a guy who sat in and played too hard, and a sporadically sticking pedal. Other than that...

My best to everyone.

Amazed this thread is still here! I made the first post back in 2006. A big hello to anyone who may still be here from then.

This is "In A Sentimental Mood". I did it a couple days ago, then realized it qualifies - at times - as a 'reharm'.

Using Logic, and Keyscape customized C7, featuring a uniquely damaged Roland keyboard action from a guy who sat in and played too hard, and a sporadically sticking pedal. Other than that...

My best to everyone.

That was really nice. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Considering the original a capella source, I think this guy came remarkably close to making a silk purse out of a sow's ear...

[video:youtube]

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hadn't heard that version, but there have been quite a few showing up on my facebook feed. I like Larry Golding's version, but won't bother to link to it since I'm assuming we've all heard it. There is a extra comedic element to his too... Props to the kid that sang it, she took it down from her youtube channel then decided to own it and put it back up (last time I checked anyway).

I wonder if Jacob Collier could be persuaded to do a microtonal-reharm take on this (as in his "In the Bleak Midwinter", which exploits the differences between just and equal temperament to modulate into quarter-tones).

Cheers, Mike.

• 2 years later...

I saw "The Burial" last night and was fascinated by this arrangement of "Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring" by Michael Abels during the end credits. Besides the twists the orchestration is gorgeous. 

https://youtu.be/zBw2xOQ0sB4?feature=shared

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it