Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

To go with my Argon8X:

417328-n5Z7ojVQ.jpeg

Nice! I picked up the Modal Skulpt a few months ago when they were being blown out for $200, and I"m really digging the sound. The Cobalt looks very tempting.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Nice! I picked up the Modal Skulpt a few months ago when they were being blown out for $200, and I"m really digging the sound.

Yeah, IMO, all the Modal stuff have a nice grungy warmth to them, they don't sound clinical like many digital synths do. My Argon8X reminds me of the sound of my old Waldorf MWXT that I unfortunately no longer have.

Quiklok WS-540 stand for my soon-to-be rack rig.

WS540.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Getting the rack rig prepped. Pre-ordered one of the new Radial Power-1 units.

power-front-stacked-768x223.jpg

An SKB roto-molded 2U shallow rack - I figure for just housing a power supply and eventually a line mixer I don't need anything too fancy.

sku-view-image-php.png

And a Gator rack shelf since I have a few half-rack modules.

GE-SHLF-UNIV-1-U.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Nord Electro 6 73.. I've had the 2,3, and 4. Is it my imagination that the Leslie and OD have been improved from the 4 to the 6?
Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

Getting the rack rig prepped. Pre-ordered one of the new Radial Power-1 units.

power-front-stacked-768x223.jpg

An SKB roto-molded 2U shallow rack - I figure for just housing a power supply and eventually a line mixer I don't need anything too fancy.

sku-view-image-php.png

And a Gator rack shelf since I have a few half-rack modules.

GE-SHLF-UNIV-1-U.jpg

A good power conditioner is a must have item. I'll never be without one again. Radial is great stuff, excellent choice.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Behringer pedals for our little rock star, Vanilla Pudge, and his trusty 3-string:

Vintage Tube Overdrive, Vintage Delay and Hell-Babe wah. I think the little ones were like $30 and the wah was $50?

https://www.facebook.com/david.weiser.73/posts/10221091180081541

Plugins - Plugin Alliance is having a sale - all but a few of their plugins are $29 with the voucher.

I got the Lindell 80 an early Neve Console with 32 slightly different channels (Brainworx TMT technology). Of all the consoles on offer I disliked the interface the least and the tones available are more than enough to keep me busy.

And, a Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor.

About the only thing I'd still like to try is a Baxendall EQ. One of these days.

Behringer pedals for our little rock star, Vanilla Pudge, and his trusty 3-string:

Vintage Tube Overdrive, Vintage Delay and Hell-Babe wah. I think the little ones were like $30 and the wah was $50?

https://www.facebook.com/david.weiser.73/posts/10221091180081541

Dan Electro makes similarly priced pedals that are surprisingly cool.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Since Plugin Alliance added one more day and one more chance to snag a plugin on, I went shopping - armed with the first day's discount code (which I hadn't used).

After considerable listening, looking at manuals and weighing benefits and drawbacks, I went for the Brainworx Focusrite console instead of the Bax EQ. Besides a comprehensive EQ section, the Focusrite offered a suite of dynamics tools and great sounding preamps in one plugin.

Being able to drop one great sounding plugin on a track instead of several mix and match components is nice. Someday I'll get a Baxendall EQ, maybe...

Treated my faithful PC3x to a couple of accessories. The KORE 64 came up on the local buy and sell for $60(!) and it looks like the PC2SRIB ribbon is going out of production so scooped one for $100 off ebay. Very happy with both and hopefully this will get me through until the K2700 is shipping!

1881.jpg.560fcc76f8cd842ac17e832a7b141d1f.jpg

Kurzweil PC3x - Polybrute - Voyager XL - Minitaur - Roland PK-5 - Integra-7 - TR-8s - KArp Odyssey

"Prog keyboardists are supposed to look like they're manning the helm of the Starship Enterprise..." -synthizen2

Just got my state income tax refund and spent a chunk of it on a couple of new mics: a Shure SM57 (to complement the SM58 I already have!) and an AKG P220. Eventually, I'd like a pair of AKG P170s and a Shure PGA52 so I can do a better job of mic'ing my wife's drumset.

I've been falling prey to Mini-GAS in small increments, DAW-style. First it was the Cloud D-50, then the K1v (Kawai) emulation, then Spitfire's Core (holy bleep), then Valhalla's Delay and Supermassive (the first to 'pay' a bit for the freebie of the second), an update for Chromaphone 3 and Pianoteq 7 is knocking at the door. Then another backup disk. Then Satan keeps trying to make me buy a soft-CS-80. So much for trying to maintain a MODEST stack, huh? If that was all hardware, I'd be up to my navel in it. It'd look like one of Michael Boddicker's side rooms.

I'm trying to decide if I can justify taking the MPE leap with the 2-octave ROLI, but at this point, tackling Equator 2, a cup of coffee and a piece of @$$ would probably kill me. Then I couldn't take up Pianoteq. :rimshot::doh:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Yamaha DTX 2.0 Drum Module - an oldie.

dtx-2-0.jpg

Finishing up the rack rig.

Ashly LX-308B 8-stereo-channel line mixer (surprisingly pricey)

1256742425-177870.jpg

MIDI Solutions MultiVoltage Quadra Thru

mvqth.jpg

Behringer Powerplay PM1 1-channel Personal In-ear Monitor Beltpack - for with headphones if gigs ever return.

PM1-large.jpg

I kind of really want a DTX Multi-12, but that's going to have to wait. Got to get this setup finished first. :idea:

Just went to my audiologist who also specializes in in-ear monitors for musicians. Getting some new 1964 Ears to replace my Sensaphonic custom Sleeves I had for my Shure SE-425 buds.

I'll still be using my trust Shure PSM300 wireless sytem.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Crumar Mojo Classic Suitcase arrived my front door yesterday.
Nord Stage 3 88, Prophet 6, Moog Voyager OS, Moog Little Phatty TE, Crumar Mojo Classic Suitacase, Kawai US-50 upright, Beltuna Studio 3 and Fantini cassotto accordions