Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2021-2022 Thread

The NFL carousel will move quickly as teams try to reposition themselves for the 2021 season.

I've read that WFT may want to unload QB Alex Smith's contract. He wants to be a starter. Meanwhile, WFT is looking at QB Marcus Mariota which makes no sense to me considering he was a bust in Tennessee.

I also read that WFT tried to get WR Amari Coooper but he chose to stay in TX for less money. Maybe WR Allen Robinson will want to come to DC and pair up with WR Terry McLaurin.

Looks like Urban Meyer made his 1st blunder as an NFL HC thinking he could hire Chris Doyle without raising eyebrows. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Ben Rothlesburger said he wants to play QB for the Steelers next season, saying he doesn't care what they pay him. However, his Roster bonus cannot be changed if I'm not mistaken. The Front office said that there is NO WAY they will pay Ben 41,25 that is due on his current contract. The Steelers have a lot of players they want to keep that want to be paid. That said, They don't have a franchise QB on the roster. Drop back 10 and punt.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Ben Rothlesburger said he wants to play QB for the Steelers next season, saying he doesn't care what they pay him. However, his Roster bonus cannot be changed if I'm not mistaken. The Front office said that there is NO WAY they will pay Ben 41,25 that is due on his current contract.

Don't worry. Big Ben will stay in Pittsburgh. The bean counters will find a way to restructure his contract so that it's more cap friendly.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• 2 weeks later...
As some of you know, I was a Texans fan since the latter Kubiak years. The team had its issues but there was something about them that persisted and I admired that. Recently however, it seems that something is gone and they are instead self-destructing. My current theory is that the blame placed on former GM Rick Smith by me and others was misplaced. Maybe he was doing the best he could with what he was allowed to do and when it got to be too much, he left. We will see if he turns up somewhere else and succeeds while the Texans continue to tear apart themselves and everything they seem to have built. It has been unpleasant to watch.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Brotha Joe, the Texans have been imploding for a couple years now. All fingers point back to team ownership.

After 10 seasons of dedicated service, the Vikings are releasing TE Kyle Rudolph. I believe he's a salary cap casualty. Of course, he'll land on his feet with another team. Maybe the Patriots will pick him up.

The WFT will be replacing their cheerleaders with a co-ed dance team. I guess that is little Danny's answer to settling that lawsuit. :cool:

PD

My condolences, Joe. I feel sorry for Houston fans. First, the Astros were revealed as cheaters; and then, the Texans and Rockets began falling apart. Tough days.

Of course, there's an ebb and flow to all things. I hope that it turns around soon.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

for those, like myself, that couldn't read Geoff's hyperlink because it was behind a paywall

Washington is releasing AP Comeback Player of the Year Alex Smith, a move that was expected but still provides a cold ending to the veteran quarterback's storybook tenure with the organization.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-washington-tells-alex-150947090.html

:nopity:

As a WFT fan, while I appreciate everything QB Alex Smith did for the time, I think it's time for him to hang up the cleats.

I couldn't stand to watch Smith out on the field especially behind a porous O-line. If he decides to continue playing elsewhere, I hope they will pass protect for him a lot better.

In other news, the rumor mill is that WFT team owner little Danny Snyder might be forced to divest his ownership (sell). Of course, this comes on the heels of settling a lawsuit.

The team has already disbanded their cheerleaders in favor of a co-ed dance group. In addition to coming up with a team name, more rebranding to follow.

Roster-wise, I'm perplexed. The WFT QB room as of today is Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke and Steven Montez. :sick::laugh::cool:

PD

• 2 weeks later...
I hope there's still some FitzMagic left in the tank, ProfD

Thanks brotha Geoff. Fitz is 38 years old. I'm sure the team could have found a younger veteran signal caller.

Hopefully, if he plays, FitzMagic won't render the same cringe-inducing spectacle WFT fans had to endure every time QB Alex Smith stepped onto the football field.

Ideally, either Kyle Allen or Taylor Heinicke will secure the starting QB position. :cool:

PD

The big headline over the last 24 hours is that the Patriots have thrown a ton of money at free agency:

Why Bill Belichick, Patriots are spending in NFL free agency like never before

This is worth a mention too:

Sources -- Chicago Bears, QB Andy Dalton agree to 1-year, $10M deal after Russell Wilson pursuit

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

As a WFT fan, while I appreciate everything QB Alex Smith did for the time, I think it's time for him to hang up the cleats.

I loved Alex Smith!

One of my favorite memories is the 49er 2011 storybook season with Smith and Harbaugh.

I listened to Greg Cosell's weekly breakdown on KNBR driving to work, and listened to him gradually become an Alex Smith convert.

Too bad about the 2012 injury and the whole ensuing Kaepernick trainwreck.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Oh ... any plans to name the Washington FT? I say leave it.

We are in agreement here. Name, "WFT", is here to stay for now. No one knows what the future will bring, especially if Dan Snyder is forced to sell the team.

:nopity:

Washington Football Team will remain team name through 2021. I would not be surprised if it sticks.

I just heard da Bears signed QB Andy Dalton to a 1 year deal. No wonder CEB writes they suck. :laugh:

I believe they brought in QB Nick Foles last year to push er, backup QB Mitchell Trubisky. :confused:

They need to accept that despite drafting Trubisky, he's never going to be as good as his 2017 class (Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson). Yet, the 49ers might be interested in Trubisky. :idk::laugh::cool:

PD

As a person who appreciates soccer/football/calcio, I like the name "Washington Football Team." Besides, it puts the focus on the city instead of the mascot.

It looks like the Texans are trying to find a clue. Maybe this is a good one. By signing Tyrod Taylor, Texans hedge their bet at QB

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It looks like the Texans are trying to find a clue. Maybe this is a good one. By signing Tyrod Taylor, Texans hedge their bet at QB

I find it interesting that this signing coincides with recent allegations against QB DeShaun Watson. :rolleyes:

If the damage is irreparable, I hope the Texans find a trade partner so that both parties can go their separate ways. :cool:

PD

I saw the announcement of Tyrod Taylor yesterday, the allegations this morning. Most seemed blindsided by those but we will see.

JuJu Smith-Schuster going to JETS

Jets' offer: Five years, $87.5 million ($37.5M guaranteed) ... This is a chance to be a high-volume wide receiver in a proven offensive system. And there's this: You might be reuniting with your college quarterback Sam Darnold from your USC days. Fight on! -- Rich Cimini

The decision: Smith-Schuster picks the Jets

"Hey, it worked out so great for Le'Veon Bell, right? I kid, I kid. Where do I sign? In my eyes, these offers aren't comparable, so I'll take the big payday to play with Darnold again or have the chance to be Zach Wilson's top pass-catching"

JuJu was Ben's go to guy when he needed someone that could CATCH THE BALL. All too often Ben threw into Triple Coverage to JUJU and got picked off.

Personally, I dd NOT go for his dancing on other team's logos before games. The Browns proved they where NOT the same old Browns when it counted, in the playoffs.

JuJu needs to GROW UP.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

JuJu Smith-Schuster going to JETS

This is a chance to be a high-volume wide receiver in a proven offensive system. And there's this: You might be reuniting with your college quarterback Sam Darnold from your USC days.

My early prediction is the Jets will not be a better team with WR JuJu Smith-Schuster and QB Sam Darnold or QB Zach Wilson.

The Jets' success will rely heavily on a soild defense and toughness which Head Coach Robert Saleh brings to the team.

HC Saleh will definitely keep JuJu on the straight and narrow or at least from dancing on other teams' logos. :laugh::cool:

PD