Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Now that Christmas is over, back to non-holiday music! Here is a run through of the Ed Cherry arrangement of 'Maiden Voyage.' Have I mentioned how much I love this A100?

[video:youtube]

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

Hi KC friends! It's been a while - and instead of replies about Kurzweils and keymaps, I've got some original music to share! Once the music theater world got crushed by covid, I kept myself busy for most of the year with a side project, a music-themed children's book that I wrote for my son. I enlisted a few music industry friends to help me bang out a pair of companion rock songs, thought you guys might get a kick out of 'em.

We can create Acts of Kindness, and enjoy a better and safer world.

Acts of Kindness is song#1 on my SC profile:

Song#2 is Storm Before Flowers

Sog#3 is Fire Walkers Alone

and so on.

All instrumental on my Kronos. A mix of genres, I call it chilled retro.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Had to get back to my roots - just me and my B-3.

Gotta play before the arthritis totally cripples me.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

• 3 weeks later...

The second single from my upcoming epic rock concept album.

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

• 3 weeks later...

Last year I was in The Netherlands for a few months and reconnected and recorded with old friends. I was a little insecure as I hadn't touched a piano since the lockdown and straightahead isn't really my wheelhouse, but over all I think it came out nice; we got a good vibe going. I've known the bassist since we were twelve, and the drummer since we were nineteen. Old friends indeed!

• 2 weeks later...
May we all someday be as good at things that "aren't our wheelhouse." Loved it.

Nice playing Menno, enjoyed it ! Nice tune too !

+1 and really like the production on the piano sound.

Here for the gear.

This is super rough and quick, a tiny demo of my new Summit that I did for a friend who was considering also getting it. His main concern was "ordinary" poly synth and moog-ish solo sounds so I made a little ditty with 80s retro sounds.

Drums from Logic, don't mind the out of time playing (didn't quantize as I might normally have with software sounds, I just recorded audio!) This is soundcloud but from an mp3 so not maybe quite as good quality as it could be.

Gorgeous, Al (and quite the masterclass; thanks for letting us watch your hands so closely). Just saying, if you ever downsize and don't have room for that Yamaha anymore, I might have a place for it. :wink:

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

After taking almost a two-year break from doing any of these, I've tried my hand again at a remix through Metapop (sponsored by Native Instruments). I know KuruPrionz does these as well. :D This time it's "Closer" by Scratch Massive feat. Chloe. Metapop Remix Competition Page

This was the original song. Not my cup of tea at all. But a good challenge. :laugh:

For this song, I went for a hybrid of Middle & Far Eastern traditional music, cinematic music, and dance/electronic music. I found that the song actually was well-suited to orchestral elements. I tried to follow a theme of "distant memories". This is the result.

Closer-Remix-Project.png

Stuff used:

Stems from original song, provided by Metapop (shown in pink above)

Emu Proteus/1 - MiniMoog Bass (layered with Iris 2 and Waves Bass Fingers)

Fantom XR - Piano

Roland JV-1010 - Ethnic flute, Dance Organ

Native Instruments Yangqin

Native Instruments Persian Ney (Kontakt Factory Library) - layered with JV-1010 ethnic flute

Sonuscore loâ¢ki (felt piano)

iZotope Iris 2 - synth bass

Waves Bass Fingers - distorted electric bass

Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra - Violins 1/2/Violas/Celli/Bassi

Addictive Drums 2 - hi-hat, toms, Brazilian Pandeiro

Groove Agent 5 - trashy snare

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

My take on an oldie but goodie. Recorded in my home studio a few days ago.

I love this so much.

Also, as yet that Yamaha is charmingly detuned. But only just - charmingly.

:-)

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

The Drawbars dropped another original.

âShinjuku Strut' is not off the upcoming album for Color Red; it was a one-off session on lucky happenstance for an equipment demo/promo for the studio. Part of the deal was that we"d get a song recorded and a video.

A slightly different version from the same session (we didn"t have video for all takes) was released on Friday on Golden Rules.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

• 2 weeks later...
A while back I recorded a quick little thingy with my VA1 prototype. Sloppy and very much un-quantized, but had a blast banging on one of my favs from Herbie's Manchild album!

very cool, Dave, thanks for posting. I so much wanted one of those keyboards, it was Mark Towles who told me it wasn't going to happen. Good for you that your prototype still makes music. :cool:

:nopity: