Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Exploring the Mojave with night photographer Dave Dasinger

Photofocus interview with amazing night photographer David Dasinger from the Mojave Desert, exploring the realms of the desert through video, sound, and naturally, night images!

Like the article? Please leave comments on Photofocus!

Ken I Photofocus

https://photofocus.com/inspiration/night-photographer-dave-dasinger-exploring-the-realms-of-the-desert-part-one/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally at random, I ran into Dave at the Dixie Inn in Barstow a few years ago. Maybe it wasn't as random as it sounds; it WAS the full moon after all!

Ken, do you know Ron Pinkerton? When I arrived at the Dixie Inn, Dave's truck was parked there and it looks just like Ron's but lo-and-behold it wasn't Ron! But as it turned out, Dave knows Ron too. Small world!

Totally at random, I ran into Dave at the Dixie Inn in Barstow a few years ago. Maybe it wasn't as random as it sounds; it WAS the full moon after all!

Ken, do you know Ron Pinkerton? When I arrived at the Dixie Inn, Dave's truck was parked there and it looks just like Ron's but lo-and-behold it wasn't Ron! But as it turned out, Dave knows Ron too. Small world!

Yeah, maybe not so random. Dave rules.

AND I will see him and Ron next month.

Night photographers. Sort of a small world, I suppose.

I met Ron some years ago at the Car Forest in Nevada. I pulled up. We introduced ourselves. He recognized my name right away because he saw a star trails photo of Trona that I had in the LA Times. I had won LA Times Reader of the Year Photo or something like that, and had had my photo plastered on the front page of the Travel Section.

Ron is a great guy, as is Dave, and it'll be good to see them.