Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Gene Taylor

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP. I mainly know Gene Taylor from his terrific piano playing with Los Angeles neo-rockabilly band The Blasters, my favorite band back in the 80s. I'm glad I got to see him play at a 2002 Blasters reunion gig.

Kurzweil PC4, Expressive E Osmose, UNO Synth Pro, Hammond B-3X on iPad, Rhodes Mark II Stage 73, ART 710-A MK4s

Doing a rental for Gene helped me get my. Roland RD 300gx.. Which I still have. That rental when he was with the T Birds payed for nearly half of it...which was used.

Talked to him quite a bit that night. He told me his favorite old blues guy was the devil's son law... Peetie Wheatstraw .... I will listen in memory

During the cold in Oregon I wound up taking some sleep meds..over the counter... but you never know what can happen in your sleep. My guess it might have been due to something like that..