Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool stuff you don�t see often

CEB

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a real Teisco. Where's the Formica pickguard?

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

It's not a real Teisco. Where's the Formica pickguard?

I had one of

these as a kid in the early '60s Formica pickguard and all. Had a little Teisco transistor amp too. In fact, I was so cool that I taped pennies to the back of the amp to get a poor man's fuzz box. :facepalm:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I've seen pictures of Teisco synths, but this is the best audio demo I've heard. Its one of THOSE instruments, often oddly seen in church basements, big 'swap meets' and the dusty back rooms of stores that mainly sell grandfather clocks and home organs. When he played that final stack mode, the real sound came out. Its clearly not broadly capable, but I'd love to sample those places where it speaks with authority.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

I've seen pictures of Teisco synths, but this is the best audio demo I've heard. Its one of THOSE instruments, often oddly seen in church basements, big 'swap meets' and the dusty back rooms of stores that mainly sell grandfather clocks and home organs. When he played that final stack mode, the real sound came out. Its clearly not broadly capable, but I'd love to sample those places where it speaks with authority.

Yeah they are moving away from the association with Grandfather clocks and have rebranded with a holding company that just trademarked the name "Most Randomly Fortunate Shiny Metal Award Pin Happy Keyboard Inc."

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I imagine hell would be having to listen to an endless loop of this guy's "Reviews"

He lost me near the top when he made his first "wheeeeeeeeeee" sound with his voice

That was the best bit! Mocking the outrage of people who get their knickers in a twist over perceived copying of industrial design should be encouraged at every turn. It"s funny! Laugh, you insufferable old grump!

(Ok, the glissando slightly stepping was the best bit)

It"s probably the best video we"re going to see about such an obscure 'board. And no-one else is ever going to research the weird arp patent issue so it"s educational too.