Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Irrelevant ? Is Great Pizza better than favorite piano/keys?

To define favorite keys, that would be your PC3, Montage/MODX, Kronos, Fantom, Yamaha DP, etc etc

Sorry, you can only have 1 favorite keyboard/piano.

Guessing you have jones for a favorite pizza, ;)

So there it is, your artery clogging pizza or the keyboard you play 5 hours per day on ?

I know, life is full of tough choices. Its good practice :D

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an unwilling cheat in this matter, as my favorite keys are on an XKey 37 and I'm usually applying it to wide-rangers like Alchemy or Chromaphone. It defeats the intent of the poll. My hands are too funky for weighted actions now, so I'm grateful for the plethora of options.

I'm an old Korg hound, so I'd be on a Kronos for its powers, but it'd be a synth action model. Korg & Roland weighted keys are usually far too damned sluggish on the bounce-back for me. Yamaha DP actions feel the snappiest, with great touch to sound behaviors, so I'd be playing my Kronos from one of those. Sure I will. In a Dairy Queen on another planet.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

There is no great pizza within 100 miles of my house, so no. I choose my favorite keyboard.

I am sorry to read that.

So, sushi is not on your SE Ky google earth ?

[70's Songwriter]

I'm an unwilling cheat in this matter, as my favorite keys are on an XKey 37 and I'm usually applying it to wide-rangers like Alchemy or Chromaphone. It defeats the intent of the poll. My hands are too funky for weighted actions now, so I'm grateful for the plethora of options.

I'.

I figured the Great Pizza decision would create irrelevancy for some.

But the night is young ;)

[70's Songwriter]

After I play my PX-5S, it will still be here tomorrow and the next day.

After I eat the pizza, it's gone. Then what?

Hey, a thought: Can I eat the pizza, wipe my hands, and then return to my PX-5S?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Hmmm. If you like an inferior pizza, I will judge you far more harshly than if you like an inferior keyboard. In fact, I'd quicker forgive you for putting pineapple on a keyboard, than on a pizza.

So I guess it turns out: pizza.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Even a cheap M-Audio controller is better than nothing, right?

And nothing is better than a good pizza, right?

Therefore, even a cheap M-Audio controller is better than pizza.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

I"m surrounded by great pizza. I don"t partake often as it"s rough on digestion and adds to my waist quickly.

There are still Guitar Centers and Sam Ash, a few others. So playing a Yamaha, Roland or Korg is easy. Have to drive a few hours to play a Kurzweil, Crumar or Viscount, etc. I"d rather play than eat pizza, but that"s not saying I don"t enjoy both.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Hmmm. If you like an inferior pizza, I will judge you far more harshly than if you like an inferior keyboard. In fact, I'd quicker forgive you for putting pineapple on a keyboard, than on a pizza.

So I guess it turns out: pizza.

We are getting there.

Playing your keyboard , figuring out a new song, even better- writing a new song excites the brain.

Having great pizza , excites the sensory palette.

[70's Songwriter]

I'll easily take my Rhodes since I only eat pizza occasionally. :cool:

heresy or lack of enthusiasm for pizza ?

I thought everybody has a pizza obsession. I might be wrong.

[70's Songwriter]

Okay, okay, someone has to say that they both end up producing GAS.

Some deliver, some don't.

Some are too cheesy.

Some don't do splits'n layers.

The dough is a toss-up.

Olive the Italian one, please.

It's been a slice.

:hider:

Here for the gear.

There is no great pizza within 100 miles of my house, so no. I choose my favorite keyboard.

I'm sorry you're going through that right now. We lived that particular nightmare for several years, but pizza finally did start improving in northern Colorado. Of course that was about the time we returned to the Chicago/NW Indiana area; even pizza in Michigan City rocks.

'Shrooms, onions, black olives; not too much artery clogging stuff in our pizzas. Still do sausage/pepperoni a couple times a year though. I basically grew up in the far NW side of Chicago, and pizza without sausage or pepperoni was a sacrilege then.

My favorite keyboard does have a high fat content, and some days it is better than pizza..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I am trying not to nerd out on this weird and frivolous thread, but...we take pizza very seriously in our house. I order special Tipo 00 flour from Amazon and usually make the dough from scratch. I use cornmeal to roll the dough out on, NYC-pizzeria-style. I use fresh, whole mozzarella and grate it myself per use. I line our oven racks with granite to cook it on, and cook it at the highest possible temperature just until it starts to brown; the ideal state is that the cheese browns before the crust burns. (9 minutes in my oven, evenly cooked on the granite.)

My daughter just went vegetarian, which basically means we all did. The trick with veggie pizza is to quickly saute the vegetables before putting them on the pizza. Nothing is more disappointing than biting into a cold, crunchy, uncooked vegetable on an otherwise perfectly cooked pizza, or chasing the vegetables as they roll off the slice. Toss the veggies with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, maybe some basil and/or oregano. Just a couple of minutes to soften them a bit. Then they cook slightly into the cheese and their flavor becomes the flavor for the pizza too.

The only part I'm not really a purist about is the sauce. In my experience, the problem with sauce is not usually the taste or consistency, but the amount. We use just enough to show up red on the dough; you just need a bit of the flavor, and something to hold the cheese to the dough. When I buy "real" pizza sauce from the fancy Italian deli downtown, yes, it's better than "random jar of tomato-based red sauce," but not enough to warrant the drive or the home-cooking time.

The trick with pizza is not to overuse any one ingredient. Just enough cheese, just enough sauce, just enough toppings.

And never, ever, any pineapple, ever.

www.joshweinstein.com

The only part I'm not really a purist about is the sauce. When I buy "real" pizza sauce from the fancy Italian deli downtown, yes, it's better than "random jar of tomato-based red sauce," but not enough to warrant the drive or the home-cooking time.

Brotha MOI, since you've already jumped into the deep end of making pizza from scratch and whatnot (show off):rolleyes::laugh:, go the extra mile and doctor up (season) that "random jar of tomato-based red sauce" so that it tastes like something more than a jar of red sauce. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The only part I'm not really a purist about is the sauce. When I buy "real" pizza sauce from the fancy Italian deli downtown, yes, it's better than "random jar of tomato-based red sauce," but not enough to warrant the drive or the home-cooking time.

Brotha MOI, since you've already jumped into the deep end of making pizza from scratch and whatnot (show off):rolleyes::laugh:, go the extra mile and doctor up (season) that "random jar of tomato-based red sauce" so that it tastes like something more than a jar of red sauce. :laugh::cool:

For variety, we'll use pesto rather than a red sauce.

Here for the gear.

:roll:

Well, since you went there....I do usually "season" the pizza after the sauce and before the cheese, depending on the sauce.

Trust me, that hurt me more than it did you.

www.joshweinstein.com

Now that we've sorted out that pineapples are preferred as a fruit or beverage instead of a pizza topping, let's find out where you all stand on flat bread as an alternative to rolling dough. If it's heresy to discuss, I understand. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I"m surrounded by great pizza. I don"t partake often as it"s rough on digestion and adds to my waist quickly.

h.

you are living large with great pizza.

Out my way, in semi rural ville, we have assorted 'chain ' pizza ' restaurants such as Round Table (OMG, a chain worthy of its own post topic ],

The Pizza Guys . I refuse to mention the $5 pizza chains.

Time to get serious;

Zachary"s Chicago Pizza is top of Pizza mountain for quality . Unfortunately, it is 49 miles from my palatial home.

In addition, living within 15 miles of a high quality pizza location[ such as Zacharys], shows that homes are 25-30% more expensive within the 15 miles.

I conclude, that this little known Pizza fact will make you more wealthy, and you can retire 6.8 years sooner than average.

being financially comfortable, and retiring early, thats a personal choice ;)

[70's Songwriter]

How can anyone pick one single favourite pizza? There's a whole world there, much like keyboards. My mouth is watering just thinking of all the beautiful variations... :drool:

I appreciate your pizza knowledge.

As soon as the temps get above 32 degrees F, I am going fishing near Regina Saskatchewan.

In addition to fresh salmon/pike, I will need to alternate that with locally great pizza.

No frozen stuff at the grocery stores. I think you knew that exclusion was not part of " Great Pizza ".

Thank you

[70's Songwriter]

Well, i could die if i had to choose between my Nord and pizza.

We also take pizza very seriously, being Italian with a wife from not too far from Napoli.

So, my wife studied very deeply pizza making, with a Ferrari owen. Different flours, different yeast and techinques.

And i eat every single pizza she prepare :-).

Our favorite Pizza place in Paris in unfortunately closed for the pandemic, but you can ask Markyboard about it :)

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

T

I can compare notes with pizza sauce creation.

We grow our own tomatoes here in N. California, and the wife cans/jars them which results

in the best tomato sauce on the planet.

No preservatives needed, etc.

It takes some effort and time, similar to song writing, etc.

[70's Songwriter]