Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kool Story

skipclone 1

Hey alll

I don`t expect anyone to remember but, whenever the subject of recommended acoustic guitars

comes up, I`m likely to mention Yamaha acoustics, and a friend of mine who used to have a beautiful sounding

one back in my college days.

Well a few days ago, that friend happened across my fb page. We haven`t seen each other in over 30 years.

Not only does she still have that guitar but she has acquired several others. She got her M.A. in biology and was working

in several medical facilities. Then she got back into music. She has won a couple of big songwriting contests, and has

spoken with people in Nashville about a publishing deal.

It gets better-she has been the artistic director of the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival for the past 27 years. it`s a really big outdoor event.

There`s a youtube channel, I`m going to have a look later.

One of the medical facilities where she was working is New York Blood Center. While she was there one of the patients was Gregg Allman.

They struck up a friendship and she got to know him and several of his bandmates.

We`re still catching up on news but, it`s nice to hear she`s still doing music.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic