Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Online photography lessons?

RABid

I've used Kelbyone on and off over the years and am now at the point where most of the courses I want are taught by Rick Sammon. I just cannot watch him anymore. ... "I took this picture in China and I took this picture on safari in Kenya and I took this picture in the Artic..." Tonight I started to watch his series on backyard birding photography and in the first 3 minutes he mentioned 5 countries he had been to. I guess it is time to move on. Anyway, my areas of interest at this time is Lightroom on the cloud, birding, wildlife, landscape, iPhone photography, etc...

Any suggestions for photography lessons, either reasonably priced subscriptions or YouTube channels that do a good job? I just like to learn. My equipment ranges form an iPhone 12 Pro Max to a Canon M50 to a Canon 5D III with some nice lenses. I'm all over the place.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most of the people that I know who do really great online stuff are night photographers. But my understanding is that CreativeLive have a lot of good, solid classes.

www.creativelive.com

Excellent classes. While they're streaming live they're free, anything on demand you have to buy.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I'd also highly recommend you go to this site and subscribe to this Youtube channel -

http://behindtheshot.tv/

Great show, he interviews guests about their start in photography but ultimately they talk about how a particular shot was captured. Great education and Steve is an excellent interviewer.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Thanks. Checking out the sites now. I have a few YouTube channels that I like. Sadly, most of them are pretty unorganized. Most don't have a play list, or worse, they have a list in reverse order. Sadly, some sites like the Tony and Chelsea Northrup site are falling into the hardware trap. Hardware reviews get a lot of hits. Instructional videos don't. I've noticed that they can release a hardware video and an instructional video on the same day and the hardware video will get 4 times the views. So, I guess I cannot blame them for going mostly hardware, but that is not what I am looking for.

There's a guy named Mark Denney who seems to have some good general photography videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCujr_HrX3ThMb34DV5YXHIg

Watched a few of his videos today. Perfect for me. Relaxed. Informative. Doesn't ramble on about nothing. I actually learn something.

Yeah, I really like his videos. While he doesn't really do night photography, the way he describes approaching photography (or sometimes gear) is relaxed, well-informed, and interesting. And yes, agreed....he doesn't ramble!