Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Styx Larry Cowan Keyboard

Does anyone know what main KB Cowan hides in that fancy revolving whatever it is that holds it during live performance?

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also pretty sure I saw a Roland VK-8 module when I watched the Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight full album concert from a few years back.

Seems like something else would have to be doing the synth sounds (?) Or is that the RD-2000 doing all of those?

So, a fancy, revolving prop is cooler than 2-4 KBs on stands and a tall rack full of modules a la the 1980s. :laugh::cool:

Actually yes, in person it's VERY cool. He's also owned/had that stand built long before he joined Styx.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Interesting, and surprising. I always like Roland Drum Machines, I still have two. I had some other Roland gear, including a Roland Piano I used to move around all the time. I was able to WEAR out the Action after one year of playing it for hours every night and using it for gigs on weekends. It was not an RD series, and I certainly got my moneys worth out of it.

Since then I switched to Yamaha. Every piece of Yamaha equipment I ever bought still works. Obviously a lot of it is considered obsolete, but it still works

Thanks for the info and interview. Good Stuff!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Not sure who took the pole, but I took the chair. When I sit, I use a barber chair we got when my kids would let mom cut their hair (those days are long past!) Not the most comfy thing in the world nor the easiest to transport, but it swivels and can get within 3 inches or so of my standing height which is great. It's beat to hell now so I need to start thinking of a replacement.