Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new goal, a picture a day.

RABid

I've been on and off with photography for a long time. The problem is, I have too many hobbies. But I have decided to set myself a goal. A "self adjusting" goal that should push me to higher standards over time. My simple goal is a picture a day that I am happy with. It does not have to be great, but I need to be happy with it. Anything goes. Iphone pictures to Canon full frame. Just spend a few minutes to take some pictures. I assume that over time I will become pickier about what I am happy with and my skills should improve.

Has anyone tried this approach? Does it have merit?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not done it with photography but I know it works with writing, songwriting, painting, practicing, etc. both from my own experience and reading about others.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Cool. I've never consciously done this, but I do take a LOT of photos. While it's not every day, it's easily several times a week with iPhone photos. This includes hiking, which I do relatively often, as well as interesting things around the neighborhood and quick photos for Photofocus articles that I write.