Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Photo hosting 2021

RABid

I used SmugMug for a few years and while the service was good, the cost was pricy. Now I have an issue and customer support isn't helpful at all. When I log in it sends me to a page insisting that I update my password and offers to send a link to my email on file. That email changed and I cannot get to the area to update that information. They refuse to help unless I tell them a bunch of information including the date that I last renewed my subscription, the amount of that transaction, and the last 5 digits of the credit card used. All information I could easily give them if I could get past that "Update your password" page. But, we are at a standoff and I guess it is time to move on.

I checked out Google Photos and 500px. Neither one allows direct link to photos which is require for posting a picture on this forum. That really surprised me. There are hacks but from what I have read, the direct address to photos can change daily so those don't really work. I am already paying for expanded Apple cloud space to hold my photos, but again, there is no good way to use direct links required by this forum. I could create a new SmugMug account but the cheapest plan is $7 a month, and after my customer service experience I don't feel like giving them anything.

So, any suggestions on a photo hosting site that is not too expensive and allows direct links? Only two forums that I post on require links, this one and the Canon forum. All the other forums I use have evolved to letting you upload a picture. I wish this one did.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, any suggestions on a photo hosting site that is not too expensive and allows direct links? Only two forums that I post on require links, this one and the Canon forum. All the other forums I use have evolved to letting you upload a picture. I wish this one did.

Define expensive? Flickr Pro is $60 a year and will even generate bbcode for embedding on forums. Of course flickr is owned by SmugMug now, so not sure how you'll feel about that.

db enabled adding attachments to posts ~2 years ago https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3012892/attachments

Limits are 2 files per post, maximum of 1 MB per file. Though it appears that attachments aren't currently working, at least looking at old threads - I get a missing photo symbol.

I use imgBB for everything without issue.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Robert, might I suggest Drop Box ($100/yr for 2TB of storage) or if you are an Amazon Prime subscriber ($100/yr as well) you get unlimited photo storage there + all that Amazon Prime offers. I know these sites are probably not as slick as some mentioned when it comes to being BB friendly and such, but they may be worth looking at. Wife is a genealogist and says that most of those you guys have mentioned are "photo organizer" friendly. She used google photos but found that it compresses the photo quality (not only on the free plan but also on their paid plan). Hope that helps.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |