Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bobby Whitlock B3 tips

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy that brought back nightmares.....

The first tour I ever roadies on was The Bobby Whitlock Band. I was worked for his management company doing odd jobs and stuff. Derick and the Dominos had just broken up and Bobby wants to go solo. In fact Bobby was considering going out as The Dominios and Eric said it was okay, but Bobby management said you want to start a solo careers use your own name. So company asked me if I wanted to roadie for him and I said yes not realizing it was one be a one man crew me and a useless road manager who made sure Bobby got to interviews and stuff. So that chopped B3 Bobby is talking about in the video is what he had. Those legs were legs off one of those RMI pianos and not meant to hold that much weight. That B3 rocked back and forth and I'm amazing it never collapsed while I was with him. We rented Leslies everywhere and I luckily had some Leslie adapter made for different pinout and also just because it looked so weird a Leslie Y-cord to run to two Leslies. It was a great band the late Keith Ellis on bass, Eddie Tuduri on drums, and Rick Vito on guitar they kicked ass. Being my first tour I took more crap than I should of and eventually quit the tour after Bobby and I got into it after a gig. The useless road manager then had to be roadie and road manager and everything went wrong and tour got cut short. I still worked for the management company after I came back so after Bobby's came back to L.A. I ran into him at the office. I thought for sure he'd be ticked with me for quitting, but he was all smiles and laughs. He said you did learn a good lesson working that tour. I said what was that expecting some deep advice. Bobby laughed and said "never work for me I'm asshole" and just walked away.

Oh that was went airports weren't the mess they are now and there was still skycaps. I flew that 200+ pound chopped B3 in it Anvil case as luggage. Bribing a Skycap to wheel that B3 to the loading area was cheaper than paying excess baggage or having to ship as cargo and take it to the airport the day before. So chopped B3's are luggage sized. LOL