Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For a mere $2.5K

I'm assuming that everyone already knows about This but I don't recall seeing it mentioned here, so what do y'all think about this? How much of a market can there be for this at that price point? And what is the raised crossbar at the back? My real B3 pedals didn't have that. :confused:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The market is the same as the market for the full XK-5 system. If that"s your rig you got to have it.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Low Demand enforces Low Supply?

We will make it but it's going to cost you because we don't have the economics of volume to manufacture it.

As CEB says, this would apply to the whole XK-5 system.

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

You could get 2 Studiologic MP-117 MIDI Controller Pedal Boards, have more notes and $1,000.

That doesn't have a pedal length long enough for decent heel toe footwork. And you'd need to add the cost of an expression pedal.

And what is the raised crossbar at the back? My real B3 pedals didn't have that. :confused:

That's a heel rest.

Agree, it's not cheap and it isn't too difficult to find some used Hammond pedalboards.

You could get 2 Studiologic MP-117 MIDI Controller Pedal Boards, have more notes and $1,000.

That doesn't have a pedal length long enough for decent heel toe footwork.

And what is the raised crossbar at the back? My real B3 pedals didn't have that. :confused:

That's a heel rest.

I believe you, it's not my field of expertise. Thus, my signature...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I found one of these for far less than the studiologic:

49538677748_9b048c4424_z.jpg

I like it, but obviously it's not remotely like:

50939540123_d76ddcd485_c.jpg

Someday a chinese maker will realise there is a market for a midi-controller with toe-heel action. I recently found a lovely "Grote" 335 guitar, new for $150. I changed the strings and did a normal setup....I love the thing. On the left:

50939550868_ecaa7ebb6f_c.jpg

The lingering organ obsession amoung western muscians has not yet hit their radar. I'm surprised we don't have a real tonewheel yet.

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

B-3 has the heel rest on the pedals. C-3 has the heel rest on the bench.

I never thought about that until now ......

Me neither :)

These are pretty reasonable:

https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Note-Midi-Pedal-Controller/dp/B00TDU2IA8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&m=A21X4QT5JZ80MG&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1613252342&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

I don't understand why that is not profitably doable for under $1000.

Law of economics. Low demand, low quantity, higher costs. Full length pedal claviers have ALWAYS been a niche product and have ALWAYS been expensive.

I found one of these for far less than the studiologic:49538677748_9b048c4424_z.jpg

I had one of those. Not a very good design. Here's why.

Er, no. Setting two spinet-style pedal sets side by side makes them very hard to play. There's a reason why the keys in pedal claviers are constructed in a curvature.

Plus the "keys" don't line up, putting a C-to-E range next to another C-to-E range. And yes, the curvature, and the pedal length as mentioned, and the wood vs. plastic construction, and the high end expression pedal... it's kinda like saying, you don't need a Kawai VPC1, just put a couple of Samson Carbon 49 next to each other...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Damn it, I want 32 notes, AGO, MIDI note on-off minimum. Extra points for velocity and aftertouch. I don't understand why that is not profitably doable for under $1000.
Polyphonic aftertouch! No...?

:laugh:

Now, observe and despair:

[video:youtube]

B-3 has the heel rest on the pedals. C-3 has the heel rest on the bench.

Huh. Mine looked like

This

but not like This

Maybe it was offered as an optional accessory or varied by model year?

Often pedals and benches from B-3 and other Hammond models got piled up at service facilities and touring companies. As organs came and went, they got mixed up. As I recall, my B-2 did not have a heel rest but it had been a road organ so who knows if the pedals matched.

Moe

---

Now, observe and despair:

Whenever I see a video of Barbara Dennerlein, I am humbled to the point that I consider quitting. No other keyboardist -- including the many, many others who are much better players than I'll ever be -- has that same effect. That lady is awesome.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361