Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looks like 2021 isn't about to be in 2020's shadow when it comes to taking away our icons. Just saw this news:

https://www.rupertneve.com/news/rupert-neve-1926-2021/

Edit: Trying to change the smiley icon for this post or remove it, as it isn't appropriate, but the software won't seem to let me.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a brilliant man, and so generous. He three times built a company from scratch so that more people could access his sound. At each he trained the ENG staff so that they could think like he did about audio. AMS-Neve still has people he trained. He probably has more to do with what we think of as good recorded sound than any other person. HIs gear defined more than one era of what one would aspire to own. I wanted his latest work, and have 12 preamps and two channel strips from Rupert Neve Designs. They have been a joy to use. I have aspired to a 5088 for over a decade. His is the stuff of audio production dreams.