Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Major Missed Marketing Opportunity for the Vaccine

So it seems the vaccine needs, y'know, a little marketing. Maybe the CDC should have gotten the rights to use "Hit Me with Your Best Shot," and done a really cool 60 second PSA.

I'm sure Pat Benatar would have okayed it.

Just sayin' :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny!!!! Would probably work too.

I've got a pharmacist friend who works at a Kroger chain pharmacy. Last week he texted me and asked if I'd had a shot yet. I hadn't.

He said he had quite a few appointments for CV19 vaccination and it was likely that somebody would cancel. They don't like to waste shots, he said if there was a cancellation I should be ready to come in and get a shot.

4pm he texted again "I have one." I zipped on over and got it, he scheduled my second shot for March 3rd.

Supply is a problem right now and vendors are trying not to waste shots, which expire quickly. I am grateful for the opportunity.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I saw this on Facebook...from Twitter originally.

Eq2kh1q-W4-AIcs0n.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I come here to read about gear and recording techniques. Maybe I should check the discussion groups at MayoClinic.org

Well, they don't have discussion groups. But if you want a discussion about specific gear and recording techniques, feel free to start a thread. A lot of the very best threads have been started by people other than me.

SSS was always intended to be more like a party, where various groups of people talk about things. Each group is like a thread, so you can move around the threads, find the ones that interest you, and participate. I try not to take what we do too seriously, so I aim for around 5% "fun" threads. Currently there are two threads with a humorous slant on the first page, so we've met our quota :)

Personally, I think that talk about most things COVID-19 is appropriate here. As with many other industries, the virus is having a huge negative impact on our business. Live music venues close, recording studios can't get customers, even rehearsals are impacted.

The future of COVID-19 and what we do as a society and as musicians will be a determining factor in any recovery of our business. I know in our market, the wintering people from Canada and the northern USA states aren't arriving like they have for decades, small venues are closing because of slow business, social distancing keeps the ones that are still open from having enough customers inside to pay the bills.

I'm glad I got vaccinated, and when I was there saw a 'conveyor belt' of people doing the same thing. It's encouraging and hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we can start rebuilding.

Notes

BTW Craig, I think "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" was funny.

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Close, but not exactly. The City of Houston's Health Department's campaign is called "Take Your Best Shot"

tybs-web-banner.png

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

So it seems the vaccine needs, y'know, a little marketing. Maybe the CDC should have gotten the rights to use "Hit Me with Your Best Shot," and done a really cool 60 second PSA.

I'm sure Pat Benatar would have okayed it.

Just sayin' :)

They should. A song is given a fair amount of credit for helping people in Vietnam to be aware of being socially considerate. That it's corny/punny is better, makes it difficult to ignore. The U.S. has done effectively nothing to educate, when there should be a PSA at every single tv commercial break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o6-TELdvRY

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

I come here to read about gear and recording techniques. Maybe I should check the discussion groups at MayoClinic.org

Well, they don't have discussion groups. But if you want a discussion about specific gear and recording techniques, feel free to start a thread. A lot of the very best threads have been started by people other than me.

SSS was always intended to be more like a party, where various groups of people talk about things. Each group is like a thread, so you can move around the threads, find the ones that interest you, and participate. I try not to take what we do too seriously, so I aim for around 5% "fun" threads. Currently there are two threads with a humorous slant on the first page, so we've met our quota :)

I try not to take things seriously too, and sometimes the humor is lost with my sarcastic posts :laugh::D

How about...

"Stayin' Alive" - Bee Gees

"I Want A New Drug" - Huey Lewis & The News

"The Cure" - Lady Gaga

Of course some of the words would need to be adapted.

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

I try not to take things seriously too, and sometimes the humor is lost with my sarcastic posts :laugh::D

Ah yes, the perils of a text-only medium...

TBH that's my least favorite thing about the internet.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Ah yes, the perils of a text-only medium...

TBH that's my least favorite thing about the internet.

I've done some testing on software whose goal is to integrate face-to-face communication into any app, sort of like having an intercom button as a menu item. It's a long way from reality, but the concept is intriguing. Interestingly, there are MIDI port buttons as well, so you could (for example) play a keyboard at your end, and have it play back through a tone generator in my studio.