Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

fc-7 pedal question

my FC-7 pedal started acting up intermittently ( low end of its travel ) last night ,i haven't inspected it that close yet so i can't rule out the cable . if i need a pot ,who makes a good quality replacement part ? i've replaced one before

but i think i ordered it direct from yamaha , i'd rather not go that route . i just need a good quality piece

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, do you mean the highest angle (lowest throw) or shallowest angle (highest throw)? And can you describe the problem? It's got that extra 15% at the top of the throw that is adjustable, and also a standing/sitting adjustment at the bottom of the throw, each of which can occasionally grow a mind of their own after midnight.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

the pedal at it's lowest volume position has an intermittent spike in volume . if i move it a bit it corrects itself . i suspect it's something with the pot, it's at least 20 - 25 years old but

i can't rule out the cable yet ,maybe even a dirty connection at the 1/4 " jack on the instrument ( UHL X3-2 ) can't take a good look at it till the weekend . in the meantime i just got

a part # from yamaha WF876300 . possibly this bad spot can be adjusted out ? been used as an expression pedal for organ at least 10 years , so it's seen a lot of pumping

• 1 year later...

Bill, if you are still having problems with your FC-7, you might want to take a look at my post in reply to Reesekeys.  If you search for my username, you should be able to pull up my post, which includes some pictures.  

Have you tried spraying inside the pot with contact cleaner?  That worked quite a few times for me but eventually required further efforts.   Opening up the pedal to access the pot is not difficult and even dismantling the pot itself can be done fairly easily, with care and basic tools.  Take pictures at various stages to help with reassembly.   I doubt if your's is in as bad a condition as mine was (partly my fault) so probably won't require complete tear-down.   

Regards,

Al

On 3/2/2022 at 1:15 PM, Gourockian said:

Bill, if you are still having problems with your FC-7, you might want to take a look at my post in reply to Reesekeys.  If you search for my username, you should be able to pull up my post, which includes some pictures.  

Have you tried spraying inside the pot with contact cleaner?  That worked quite a few times for me but eventually required further efforts.   Opening up the pedal to access the pot is not difficult and even dismantling the pot itself can be done fairly easily, with care and basic tools.  Take pictures at various stages to help with reassembly.   I doubt if your's is in as bad a condition as mine was (partly my fault) so probably won't require complete tear-down.   

Regards,

Al

i forgot all about this post from last year . the issue was resolved , i ordered two pots from Yamaha . this happened to another one of my F7s a few years ago , that one went 

bad in the same way . in fact , i've got a Crumar long throw pedal that started doing the same thing , i was able to get a new pot from Crumar . that one is also

a specialty item .