Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do we like for foot controls?

I would like to add a foot control to trigger recording.

I would also welcome something that could be integrated into other tasks. So MIDI support would be great. I think that I would rather have a toggle than a momentary type switch.

I am iOS iPad and PC based for this. So Bluetooth or USB or MIDI seem to be the most likely choices.

People who used transcription software often would have a pedal device with four control switches, so there are things from other markets that might be adapted.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PageFlip seems like it would be ideal for what you want to do. It's designed for flipping pages with scores and such, but there's a free that allows programming the switches to do basically anything a QWERTY keyboard can do. It's really pretty clever...I've reviewed the three products PageFlip makes in the Reviews section of the library at craiganderton.org...check it out.

For heavy-duty applications, there's also X-Tempo's Pok, which has 8 footswitches.

I own both, and they're both sturdy enough to handle foot stomping :)