Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great Mojo 61 Leslie Sim EDIT

Settings not coming up for me...I only have phone internet access these days. I see the attachments but get nothing.

On the Mojo module the presets are accessible only through a dial which is often innacurate.Unless someone knows how to access presets some other way.

So I am a/b ing the Mojo and Legend Live. Guido did great work on the overdrive. Not sure he gets it regarding slow decay percussion.

That high Ab on C/V still bugs me too. Legend Live much smoother on all upper register tones C/V.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Settings not coming up for me...I only have phone internet access these days. I see the attachments but get nothing.

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like those images are no longer available (the post is 7 months old now). I wonder if Jazz+ would be good enough to re-post them.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

I found a copy of his settings;

Rotary sim

HS 0.77 HF 6.82 BS 0.72 BF 6.27 HU 1.02 HD 1.60 BU 5.80 BD 6.31 BAL 064 AMB 112 CAB 109 MA 029 MD 021 HEQ 063 MR 064 DOP 057 DL 008 BP 087 TF 040 STOP 000 NOISE 075 MEMPHIS OFF. I use them as well as my own brew:

0.77 6.82 0.71 6.53 .91 1.11 6.60 6.99 066 054 096 064 127 110 96 100 60 75 005 127 000 0ff On

Have fun, Joe

Does anyone have the Viscount Legend module? I have questions regarding that. I am somewhat a fan if Key B. I use C/V a lot...slow percussion....more of a jazz sound.

I am giving the Mojo a try via the module. Key B is different....percussion volume more tapered in the upper octave which some don't like. Mojo a bit loud in the C/D range upper octave...cant edit it down.

I did try sim mod...didnt work for me. But thanks for posting.

Percussion appears to be global in Mojo...common to all of the samples. Percussion does not change from sample to sample from what I can tell.

As if anyone cares but me...

BTW I miss NAMM and meeting clonewheel designers...Guido and Andrea...and I met Elvio of Key B many times.

I think they both made important developments. Elvis really nailed the jazz thing even going back 10 years or more. He did not nail overdrive as Guido did. Mojo overdrive among the best I have heard.

Elvis was he'll bent on perfecting percussion in clonewheel and showed me many things. He had Joey DeFrancesco

in idevelopment and had Joeys ear....had a lot to do with what I like about Key B.

Key B also has mid range EQ. Think about it...leslie cabs have a bit of bump in the mid range...and mid range EQ can really help mimic Leslie character...IMO. It's not a bump but lack of bump.Helps warm up basic organ tone.

6 AM not much else to do...