Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bobby Whitlock - Stories from Layla, All Things Must Pass

I've been enjoying these anecdotal videos by Bobby Whitlock and Coco Carmel. In this one he tells a great story, along with some side notes, about the song "Layla"....and he goes into the challenges of the physical 2 inch reels used in putting it together.

It appears they've done over 100 of these little videos.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I started watching the Bobby Whitlock videos last month. They're wonderful. Some of these videos contain rock-n-roll history never heard before. Those late 60s and early 70s anecdotes are priceless.

Watching these videos motivated me put the Layla album on the turntable for the first time in about 40+ years. Listened to all four sides and it was just like yesterday - truly a great album.

Steve Coscia

Cool, thanks for the heads-up!

We need someone in this industry who does nothing but find the cream of the crop for YouTube videos (no, I'm not volunteering :) ).

I'm here to help.

[video:youtube]

It doesn't really get much better than this.

Yes, I started watching the Bobby Whitlock videos last month. They're wonderful. Some of these videos contain rock-n-roll history never heard before. Those late 60s and early 70s anecdotes are priceless.

Watching these videos motivated me put the Layla album on the turntable for the first time in about 40+ years. Listened to all four sides and it was just like yesterday - truly a great album.

Similar to me, I pulled up side one yesterday on YouTube. I listened to the Layla album many times circa 50 years ago. Listening yesterday, Bobby Whitlock was mostly buried in the mix. Way back when, I remember thinking the album was a sort of catalog of great guitar licks. Basically nothing on keyboard. I wonder what magic Leon Russell might've created as a player on the album if allowed to be an audible component. But hey, it really was a guitar album.