Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

End of an Era: Frankfurt Musikmesse

The Musikmesse will now happen concurrently with the same dates as the Frankfurt Book Fair (October 22-24), which is a huge trade show. The emphasis will be moving more toward a consumer-oriented event, which I assume hopes to draw on the number of people coming to the book fair. There's some preliminary info online, but it seems more about marketing-speaking ("leveraging a synergistic collection of eyeballs for a 360 degree pivot where the rubber meets the road, while engaging in a snackable experience with enhanced, low-hanging fruit consistent with the organizations forward-thinking goals"). Okay, it doesn't really say that, but I assume more specifics will be forthcoming.

The trade show schedule for October looks pretty intense, anyway...

October 11-13 AES Las Vegas

October 13-16 Music China Shanghai - 20th Anniversary

October 22-24 Messe Frankfurt

October 28-31 Synthplex Los Angeles

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never attended Musikmesse - too expensive for my expense account - but I recall that it was always nearly the same time as another show, maybe NAMM, maybe AES.

October seems like a good time for a trade show, though. It's usually not too hot, not too cold, and well after tourist season.

I've never attended Musikmesse - too expensive for my expense account - but I recall that it was always nearly the same time as another show, maybe NAMM, maybe AES.

It was always a couple months after NAMM. It used to be bigger than NAMM. As NAMM became bigger, Frankfurt became more like a "hey, look at me, I'm here too" show. Most of the important stuff had been introduced at NAMM.

October seems like a good time for a trade show, though. It's usually not too hot, not too cold, and well after tourist season.

Not only that, but now Frankfurt will get the jump on NAMM. I can easily see product introductions hoping to stimulate sales for the holiday shopping season.

The trade show schedule for October looks pretty intense, anyway...

October 11-13 AES Las Vegas

October 13-16 Music China Shanghai - 20th Anniversary

October 22-24 Messe Frankfurt

October 28-31 Synthplex Los Angeles

That's just nuts.

dB

Look on the bright side: you can get all of them over with at once :)

Seriously, I'll probably do Music China or Messe and Synthplex, and leave it at that. Assuming it's possible to travel by then...

I've never attended Musikmesse - too expensive for my expense account. October seems like a good time for a trade show, though. It's usually not too hot, not too cold, and well after tourist season.
Yeah, October is a great time to avoid tourists in Germany...!

:laugh:

Hmm...Synthplex!? That might be interesting as an alternative to NAMM, but I do love the NAMM chaos.