Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

It does occur to me, though, that if there's a coach in the NFL who might legitimately want to give a backup quarterback a chance, it would be Doug Pedersonâa former backup quarterback himself, who won the Super Bowl with a backup quarterback at the helm.

That's fair all things considered. Pederson could have been trying to protect QB Hurts from getting injured in a "meaningless" game too.

Similar to the Steelers, Pederson could have sat QB Hurts along with other starters if winning to the game didn't really matter.

The tank would have been less smelly and obvious had Pederson made better decisions from the beginning. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland 28

Steelers 0

End of FIRST quarter. What a DISGRACE.

The Steelers made a mistake tonight.........They came out of the locker room.

Time to clean house.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

IMO, the Steelers Achilles heel has always been overly relying on the arm of Big Ben. His 50+ passing attempts to the detriment of a running game needs to be addressed. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

My condolences, Mike. What a tough loss! After that disastrous first quarter, Pittsburgh had the better remainder of the game. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough.

The Steelers' season got off to such a promising start. At one point, I thought they had the best chance of going all the way.

I've got to hand it to Cleveland though. After being knocked down by COVID-19, few gave them a chance tonight. They pulled off quite an upset!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Its one thing to LOSE a playoff game,, its quite another to get their asses handed to them and embarrassed, The Browns running game RAN OVER defenders, their QB was not rushed, Ben threw 3 picks. and there were 5 turnovers. I listen to the Steelers Radio station with Stan Savern and Charlie Batch on game day, both before and after. One of the things Stan said is the Steelers "QUIT" after they got destroyed in the first quarter. Ben played the worse game of his career, with the possible exception of the Super Bowl against the Packers 10 years ago. After the game both Ben and center Pouncy were sitting on the bench after the rest of the team went into the locker room. Ben said that it was a very emotional meeting that was joined by Smith-Shuster. The Steelers have 18 players that are now free agents and Smith-Shuster is one of them. Bon Voyage. I've been saying after the Steelers lost 3 in a row that they were going to be ONE and DONE.

Congrats to Geoff, whose RAMS put the putty on the Sea Hawks! Great game by the Washington Football team. That QB that filled in for Smith had a GREAT game. He avoided the rush. ran for the End Zone, extended his reach with the ball out to the pylon and SCORED. If the WFT doesn't want him, we could use a strong, athletic QB like him. He got high praise on KDKA radio in Pittsburgh after that game. He's a player! Better sign him up!

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Big Ben isn"t going anywhere before 2022 unless he wants to. You are talking about $22 million in dead money and COVID hit everyone in the wallet. Bears need to fire people but it"s the same situation. I don"t think there is enough cash for all the buyouts. Nagy is an idiot.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

The Steelers can't afford to pay Ben 41.5 million to play one more year. they would have to extend him for at least another years, or CUT him. I don't know what the Front Office is going to do. One way or the other, the Steelers ard DONE.

Congrats to Geoff, whose RAMS put the putty on the Sea Hawks!

Thanks, Mike. It does my heart good to see the Rams defense playing on par with the Fearsome Foursome of my youth. I wanted to see the Packers play the Bears in the next round, not the Rams, because even though Chicago has a strong defense too, they're not as good as LA's. Also, I didn't want to see one of my favorite teams get eliminated this week. Now, it's guaranteed. One will move on; one will go home.

But hey, that's the playoffs. I'm lucky that my first and second favorite teams both made it this far. And of course, on the glass is half full side, one of my favorite teams is guaranteed to play in the NFC Championship game.

Best,

Geoff

Take Heart brother Geoff. Anything can happen. Who would have thought that Tampa Bay could have demolished Green Bay this season? At least one of your teams will make it to the NFC Championship Game. My Steelers got killed by the Browns and were ONE and DONE. They were NOT the "Same old Browns". Smith-Shuster underestimated the Browns, as did the rest of the Steelers team. Smith should concentrate on playing football and Ben should retire.

The Eagles have fired HC Pederson. I did not see that one coming. Guess they felt he lost the team after some of his decisions.

Apparently, Pederson has ties tot the Jets by way of the GM. So, I'm sure he'll land on his feet quckly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles hired Jason Garrett as their next HC to help Wentz resurrect his career. :cool:

PD

The Eagles have fired HC Pederson. I did not see that one coming. Guess they felt he lost the team after some of his decisions.

Apparently, Pederson has ties tot the Jets by way of the GM. So, I'm sure he'll land on his feet quckly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles hired Jason Garrett as their next HC to help Wentz resurrect his career. :cool:

Maybe we can finally hire a Coach that can RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

The AX has started to fall in Pittsburgh. The Steelers have already CUT one running back and a Steelers reporter says Pouncey plans to retire. Big Ben won't just walk away, it would cost him too much money. Time to clean house.

• 2 weeks later...

NFC championship game looks like a heavyweight title fight. I expected the Packers to win but they've made the game too close relying on the passing game. Run the ball. I guess they're willing to win or lose on Rodgers' arm.

In the AFC title game, I'm expecting the Chiefs to beat the Bills convincingly. I don't believe the Bills have enough offensive firepower to keep up. :cool:

PD

Oh well...

For the second season in a row, Green Bay had to faceâin the NFC Championship gameâthe team that handed them their worst regular season loss. This time, they only fared a little better than they did against the 49ers last year. Once again, it's so close but yet so far for the Packers.

Congrats to Brady and the Bucs and to any Tampa Bay fans who may be lurking. I hope they give us a good game in the Super Bowl against the AFC Champions.

At least I got a consolation prize: Fox used my music again in today's game when breaking for commercial at the 2:00 minute warning.

Best,

Geoff

I've got to hand it to Tom Brady. He leaves the Patriots and still makes it to the Super Bowl without them. In the meantime, New England can't even capture their division and the Bills go to the AFC Championship game.

I'll grant that eight Patriots players chose to opt-out for the 2020 NFL season over concerns about the coronavirus pandemic; but even taking that into consideration, it looks today like Bill Belichick was given too much credit and Brady not enough for New England's former dominance.

Best,

Geoff

I've got to hand it to Tom Brady

I'm not so sure. He threw 3 interceptions and GB couldn't capitalize.

I think AR is done, based on this performance. Just like Favre. One and done.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I've got to hand it to Tom Brady

I'm not so sure. He threw 3 interceptions and GB couldn't capitalize.

I think AR is done, based on this performance. Just like Favre. One and done.

You seriously think Rodgers is going to retire? I hate to see Stafford go to another NFC North opponent. Not like the Lions will be competitive anytime soon. . .

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Oh well...

For the second season in a row, Green Bay had to faceâin the NFC Championship gameâthe team that handed them their worst regular season loss. This time, they only fared a little better than they did against the 49ers last year. Once again, it's so close but yet so far for the Packers.

Congrats to Brady and the Bucs and to any Tampa Bay fans who may be lurking. I hope they give us a good game in the Super Bowl against the AFC Champions.

At least I got a consolation prize: Fox used my music again in today's game when breaking for commercial at the 2:00 minute warning.

Best,

Geoff

So Sorry Geoff. I thought this would be their year. The Pack didn't get enough breaks, the ball didn't bounce their way, I thought they were in trouble when the Bucks scored two quick TD's before half time. Brady threw some Hail Mary's up for grabs that were ill-advised. GB was unable to capitalize on them. If Brady tries that against KC, they will lose the SB. I have no dog in the fight but KC is going to be hard to beat.

Mike T.

Re Aaron Rodgers, I consider the success of the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is amazing, but the Chiefs success is also partially due to great offensive play calling, which creates the situations where Mahomes can use his incredible mid-play decision making (and athleticism) to create "checkmate" situations against the opponent. Having Kelce and Hill (both likely to make the Hall of Fame) as feature receivers also helps.

If you think Rodgers has lost some passing accuracy, that might be a different matter.

I also think that better play calling could help Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. I think his running ability is masking a deficit in their offensive play calling.

Apparently, the Green Bay Packers were willing to win or lose on thei arm of their MVP QB Aaron Rodgers. It cost them the game yesterday.

I do not believe by any stretch of the imagination that Rodgers is done as a football player. He's still the best QB in the league.

As mentioned above, the Packers play-calling left a lot to be desired. Targeting one WR all game long gets old. The Bucs' pass rush kept Rodgers under pressure. The Right tackle failed Rodgers miserably.

However, if the Packers had run the ball more, they would have beat the Bucs easily. Rodgers could have scored a TD running the ball and a 2 point conversion would have tied the score. Instead, they threw an incomplete pass and kicked a field goal.

Nevermind the weapons of the Kansas City Chiefs. Their offensive attacked is balanced. They are not telegraphing plays to 1 or 2 players. The running game is solid and the passing attack spreads the ball around to RBs, TE and WRs. The Chiefs play-calling is a thing of beauty to watch from a football perspective.

i usually steer clear of politics on the forum but in this thread, I will mention that Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy being overlooked for HC gigs is a travesty. Typically, the track to HC (Head Coach) is OC (Offensive Coordinator) or DC (Defensive Coordinator).

Last year, the New York Giants hired Patriots Special Teams coach to be their HC. This year, the HC hires so far:

Lions--Saints Tight Ends coach

Eagles--Colts' OC

Falcons--Titans OC

Jets--49ers DC

Jaguars--retired college coach and football analyst

Chargers--Rams DC

Texans--TBD

This will not lead me to boycott the NFL but it just goes to show that America still has a long way to go in terms of fairness. :cool:

PD

Like any other job, the person that interviews the best usually gets the gig. Take Mike Tomlin, he had limited NFL coaching experience, but he made a great impression on the Roonie family and the Front Office folks, so he got the job. Tomlin is smart, some people have complained of his game management, but he is better than the previous two head coaches in Pittsburgh. Chuck Noll use to bad mouth Bradshaw in front of the rest of the team, and that is a stupid thing to do. Cowher was not a strong X and O guy, and not a strong game manager. Tomlin doesn't stop players from Social Media BS and Smith-Schuster's BS had to be stopped sooner. NEVER give Bullitin Board material to your opponents. But he"s the best coach. We all have faults. We will see what he comes up with for next season, the changing of the guard in Pittsburgh.

Like any other job, the person that interviews the best usually gets the gig.

That would be true if all things were fair and equal. I do not believe that is the case in the NFL. :cool:

PD