Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cosmetic issue: forum appearance on mobile phone.

Phone: Samsung A8 (Android)

'Problem': when phone is held vertically (most comfortable portrait orientation) forum posts overflow offscreen to the right. I have to rotate the phone horizontally to read without needing to scroll sideways.

Weirdly, when I first open a post thread, it *is formatted correctly for a second, with text line breaks occuring at the right edge of the screen, then 'poof'... the text reflows offscreen.

Is there a forum settings switch I can throw? It seems to me that device and orientation should be detected automatically (in these modern times we live in ;) ) and text flow adjusted appropriately.

"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Galaxy S9 here, same problem as OP. It worked correctly after initial upgrades to the forum then started doing as you describe many months ago. It is frustrating. It's not the device.
Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

I think this just started recently (within the past few days?)... I'm seeing it as well on an iPhone 10 XS.

Ive had it happening for as long as i can remember in last year or more perhaps. At least a year

Well that"s bizarre then, because I"ve been viewing the forum on my phone more often than computer for ages, and it only just started for me. Up until a few days ago I had a perfectly scaled version of the forum on my phone, and by that I mean it fit the screen width when the phone was held vertically and the text was large enough to read easily. Now within the last few days, either the screen is far too wide, or I squeeze it down to fit the width of the screen and the text becomes tiny.

Edit: Now here"s something weird... the reply above was composed in the quick reply at the bottom of the thread. I just went into the edit post screen to fix a typo, and this edit page is scaled perfectly on my phone.

"If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullshit."

Same here ... on my Samsung Galaxy S10e phone, if I zoom right in, then the forum page fits inside the screen but the text is too small to read easily, or if I zoom out so the text is big enough to read easily, then it doesn't fit inside the screen and doesn't wrap automatically, so I have to keep scrolling from side to side as I read across the page. :(