Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Actually about 10 years or so ago I stopped purchasing anything from Musicians Friend because they sent me damaged merchandise 50% of the time. They always replaced it but it was a pain in the rear. And like I said it happened a lot! The nail in the coffin was a Godin guitar that was damaged. It had big gouges in the finish and a chip the size of a quarter and about 3 times as thick. They sent the case in a different package! This time I demanded they give me my money back. I was so pissed at how terrible the guitar was packaged. I then went and bought the exact same guitar from Sweetwater on recommendation from a friend. That guitar was shipped in the case, the case was wrapped in bubble wrap , some candy was thrown in the box and it arrived quickly and in perfect condition. After that I never looked at Musicians Friend. Considering that I have spent many thousands of dollars over the years buying gear exclusively from Sweetwater, that one crappy shipment cost them more than they ever knew. And I have never let an opportunity go by to tell others not to buy from Musician's Friend. I hope that their employees find better employers. Except their shipping department.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

• 2 weeks later...

Go figure - I just ordered 8 1/4" cables from Musician's Friend with their "Stupid Deal of the Day" discount. Hopefully since it's their house brand and they're just cables there won't be any issues. Just wanted something kind of cheap to connect guitar pedals and a few keyboards to a mixer.

Bought one of these elsewhere - I've been looking everywhere for a multi-USB-A hub that works with the current MacBook Pro's USB-C ports. I couldn't find much of anything as I needed more than four slots. I used to use an Anker 10-port hub with the iMac, but there isn't a USB-C version of that.

Found this guy - Xcellon 10-port Powered USB hub - it works with both USB-C and USB-A computers. Also made of aluminum and has three charging ports, plus seven regular USB ports. Looking forward to getting it. Hopefully I can actually use my license dongles and such again.

1580135752_1496360.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Very surprised to hear about your experience with Musicians Friend!

20 years ago, I looked all over for a turn-of-the-century American Fender Strat with an Ash body in a natural (blonde) finish, because I couldn't find one anywhere. MF had it and I ordered it sight unseen without problems. (What a guitar!) Since then, I have purchased a bunch of PA sound equipment (including a mixing board), accessories, and a $2,000 workstation (3 years ago). All told, I'd say pretty close to $10k. The keyboard had an unresponsive key. I returned it and they sent a new one without incident.

I'm not affiliated with MF in any way, but I sure know the feeling of waiting for a $2k piece of fragile, delicate electronic gear to be shipped and 'dropped' at your front door! Sorry it had to happen to you.

"You're either WITH me, or you're AGIN' Me!" (Yosemite Sam)

Bought some Pig Hog cables at a retailer's 2-fer-Tuesday sale. Hoping they're good. Four 3' patch cables for my guitar gear, 4 15' TRS cables, and 4 25' white instrument cables.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I bought several cheap products:

Arturia Keylab 61 used. It came with the dedicated Arturia software which comes handy. I like most of Arturia stuff and the vst/keyboard integration makes things very easy.

Roland JU-06 boutique module, used. It is a very good replica of the original one. The only thing I don't like is the 4 voice polyphony (less than the original) and the toy-like cheap mini jack outputs. Besides these two, it sounds amazing. The owner called after sale and offered the dedicated 25 keys controller for 75 euros. I think I'll go with it.

Korg Minilogue, used. Nice, super light and some heavy bass sounds. Two much blind bling though, two many techno patches for my taste. I try to find more 80s sounds to load in...

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Going old-school. Picked up a Roland SO-PCM1-02 waveform/patch card for my 1993 JV-1000. This one is their Guitar and Brass sound library.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-open-case.jpg

s-l1600-card-only.jpg

s-l1600-Patxh-List.jpg

These cards seem to be pretty obscure. The only demos online are for the SO-PCM1-04 Grand Piano 1 card and the SO-PCM1-03 Rock Drums card, but my understanding is that the SR-JV80-07 Super Sound Set board is a compilation of the SO-PCM1 cards, so I listened to some of the guitars/brass off of there. I was tempted to buy the Baroque card based off of the recorder and pipe organ waveforms (which are demonstrated in the Super Sound Set board demo), but they're surprisingly expensive and I think I will get the most usage out of the Guitar & Brass card. I still might pick one up someday.

Now to add an SR-JV80 board...I should bump my thread. Already have the VE-GS1 expansion that the previous owner left installed. Then I might pick up one of those new data/patch storage boards that someone is making to replace the old M-128/256/512 patch storage cards. Then my JV-1000 will be all maxed out. :boing:

A bit of shopping spree recently:

-8x11 area rug (used, a good deal)

-16u rack (used, another good deal)

-Furman M-8x2 (+rack screws)

-Snark tuner and Dunlop glass slide

-30 cinder blocks, some yoga pads, and some felt bumpers to go with some old shelves I had (for monitors)

Still need to pick up a few more cables and electronic accessories, as well as waiting on a mixed mini K pair from Roswell Pro Audio. Maybe a few more small percussion items. Then I swear I'll wait before buying anything else. I need to get a few things repaired and build some acoustic panels anyway. Can you tell I just moved my stuff into a bigger room? :cool:

A bit of shopping spree recently:

-8x11 area rug (used, a good deal)

-16u rack (used, another good deal)

-Furman M-8x2 (+rack screws)

-Snark tuner and Dunlop glass slide

-30 cinder blocks, some yoga pads, and some felt bumpers to go with some old shelves I had (for monitors)

Still need to pick up a few more cables and electronic accessories, as well as waiting on a mixed mini K pair from Roswell Pro Audio. Maybe a few more small percussion items. Then I swear I'll wait before buying anything else. I need to get a few things repaired and build some acoustic panels anyway. Can you tell I just moved my stuff into a bigger room? :cool:

When your Snark breaks (I've had 3 or 4 of them, all died), get a Boss TU-10. Same idea, a clip on tuner. VERY different form factor and I've got 2 used ones - one is at least 6 years old and works perfectly still.

As a value added feature, batteries last longer and the TU-10 display changes automatically in bright light to a light gray with black markings that can be seen in direct sunlight easily - something that the Snark cannot do.

Everything else looks awesome, I'll be curious to hear how your K-47 and K-87 work for you, please post in the mic thread when you've had a chance to play with them. I can tell you for certain that adding the Furman will surprise you when your noise floor suddenly drops way down. I wish I'd bought one as my first rack mount piece, a must have.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

And, thinking on it - I got something too! (picture)

A Steinberg UR22 Mk II interface for quick recording sessions anywhere. I really like the Mix knob for the headphones. You can blend the direct signal with the DAW playback - pretty much eliminating latency completely. Nice.

It has MIDI in and OUT too, my Akai controller has MIDI out. Sometimes that's better.

1810.thumb.jpg.86d73d268864e324731fbb57a14fec86.jpg

I just purchased the Dexibell VIVO v7 module. I"m playing it from my Casio PX S-3000 and so far just using the factory sounds and getting much more detailed Acoustic Piano, Rhodes and Wurly then what is in the Casio.

At some point I plan to try loading in some of the free Platinum Pianos.

Recently purchased an Arturia KeyLab mkII 61 in black. The build quality is excellent and the software/sounds it comes with are very good. The keybed feels great as do the knobs and faders. I looked at all the options for a 61 key controller keyboard for home recording use and I'm extremely happy with this instrument. A heck of a good deal.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Just bought a Roland PCM1-01 Piano Selection card from a guy in Portugal.

E12-ABF38-DF7-C-4-C7-A-AB2-B-60-B24-C8-CF82-D.jpg

7394415-A-4-D32-403-B-A483-8-D3-BAA4-E45-AF.jpg

I bought Synthmaster v2.9 back in December when it was 50% off based on Jim Alfredson's recommendation. I didn't need another software synth but this one is definitely something special. A cross between Alchemy and Zebra perhaps but it is simply stunning for pads.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Recently purchased an Arturia KeyLab mkII 61 in black. The build quality is excellent and the software/sounds it comes with are very good. The keybed feels great as do the knobs and faders. I looked at all the options for a 61 key controller keyboard for home recording use and I'm extremely happy with this instrument. A heck of a good deal.

I have a white one of those. I like it a lot as well...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Something different...I might make a thread about these as well when it arrives.

SagaMusix M-256 Replacement Card - this is a brand new flash-memory replacement for the old Roland M-256 data cards used in a bunch of their older equipment. Only, this card equals *sixteen* (!) M-256 cards, giving me 16 user banks on flash with no battery replacement needed either. Hot-switchable and independently formattable banks for use with multiple models if one has more than one Roland piece.

mr-revc.jpg

https://sagamusix.de/other/roland_memory_cards/

Excellent condition used Kronos 61. Spent most of Saturday cleaning & setting up, exploring, editing, a good bit of reading through the manual. A deep instrument all right, interface is muddled but I know from using Adobe Creative Suite for decades there are many ways to do the same thing - so the programming is fairly obvious. Will probably get some of Busch"s sets!

Here for the gear.

Something different...I might make a thread about these as well when it arrives.

SagaMusix M-256 Replacement Card - this is a brand new flash-memory replacement for the old Roland M-256 data cards used in a bunch of their older equipment. Only, this card equals *sixteen* (!) M-256 cards, giving me 16 user banks on flash with no battery replacement needed either. Hot-switchable and independently formattable banks for use with multiple models if one has more than one Roland piece.

https://sagamusix.de/other/roland_memory_cards/

Cool !

Thx for sharing,- would be ideal for my D550 and D110.

A.C.

Line6 Pod HD300 for $66, thanks to a narrowly won eBay auction.

ln6-hd300_1.jpg

Mighty Max, you are quite the buzzard! Fwoooosh!!!!

Well done, I love deals like that. It can take time to find them but here and there, now and then - something will fall through the cracks if you are ready to catch it.

Mighty Max, you are quite the buzzard! Fwoooosh!!!!

Well done, I love deals like that. It can take time to find them but here and there, now and then - something will fall through the cracks if you are ready to catch it.

Haha, it was completely random that I saw it the other day. Shipping made it more expensive of course, but it's still half the price of the ones I see usually even with shipping added. ;) Can't wait. Plus my understanding is that they added a bass amp sim somewhere along the line, which I might try out with my keyboards if I'm playing left-hand bass in a trio situation or such.

Service manual for my Yamaha YS200.

YS200-service-manual-pic.jpg